This role will partner with internal team members, external agencies, and local branch clients to manage and deliver cutting edge digital experiences. As an Associate SEO Specialist, this position will be responsible for analyzing, reviewing and optimizing websites so they are picked up by search engines, as well as strategizing to test methods in order to gain the most organic traffic. This position will require in-depth understanding of SEO strategies, knowledge of multiple analytic and tracking tools, and experience in creating reports to share with team members, stakeholders, and senior leadership in order to create original SEO content. To be successful in this role the potential candidate should understand current Search Engine Optimization best practices, ideally with an emphasis on local SEO, and be able to identify trends in order to achieve maximum ROI.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviewing and analyzing sites for areas that can be improved and optimized
- Track, report, and analyze local rankings and competitive sets.
- Develop effective local search strategies, creating, optimizing, and monitoring local citation listings and onsite local best practices.
- Identifying powerful keywords to drive the most valuable traffic.
- Collaborate with the content team to create effective SEO content.
- Keeping up with SEO strategies and staying within SEO guidelines
- Take ownership of your role and be proactive in making suggestions for enhanced SEO and serve as an advocate for stakeholders.
- Identify risks to leadership that may impact successful project delivery.
- Responsible for creating briefs, requirements documentation, and supporting documentation.
- Continuously improve processes and adopt a fail forward mentality.
- Advocate for SEO and educate stakeholders on best practices to drive the business forward.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university.
- 3+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization in a consulting/digital agency is strongly preferred.
- In-depth local SEO experience is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with website analytics (Google Analytics and Google Search Console) and SEO platforms (BrightEdge, SemRush, Ahrefs, or similar)
- Web savvy and knowledge of digital strategy, requirements gathering, UX/Design, Content development, Web development, and QA.
- Proven track record of increasing traffic, improving brand, and site visibility within major search engines for high-intent keywords.
- Experience in site migrations, CMS systems, and complex site structure development.
- Ability to demonstrate competency with Agile project management methodologies.
- Provide strong organizational, project management, problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills to build rapport with colleagues and clients.
- Experience collaborating, presenting, and reporting to clients and stakeholders.