Siege Media is a growing and remote-first content marketing agency! We are nationally recognized on Inc.’s Best Workplaces list and Inc. 5000 list, highlighting the 5000 fastest-growing private companies. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented SEO Director to help us continue to deliver great content for our world-class clients.
Perks include 100% health, vision and dental benefits, 50% 401k match up to 6% of your salary, donation matching, career development training, unlimited PTO, work-from-home equipment, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
Siege Media values diversity. We encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, veterans, parents and those with disabilities to apply. Through our “health, then work” philosophy we are committed to helping all people succeed at Siege. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete our application or interview process, please let us know.
- Lead the technical SEO department at Siege Media with the core goal of improving the technical product and growing client accounts
- Manage a team of senior SEO analysts across several B2B and B2C client accounts
- Suggest and implement SEO best practices for client sites in mid-market to enterprise Commerce, SaaS, and Fintech industries
- Stay up to date on SEO industry changes and communicate technical improvements to non-technical stakeholders
- Perform monthly keyword research and competitor analysis in order to generate topic ideas for client sites
- Read and interpret site code to discover technical SEO issues, such as page speed improvements, site architecture changes and crawling/indexing issues.
- Perform weekly analysis with Google Search Console and other tools to track and monitor changes
- Create beautiful spreadsheets that will drive recommendations and tell stories that get things done
- Brainstorm test ideas and experiments to improve overall search presence, content and user experience
- Do whatever it takes to grow the online presence of our clients
- Contribute to business development efforts through strategy development, sitting in on sales calls, and identifying current client opportunities and upsells
- Occasionally contribute to external Siege Media business development including but not limited to podcasts, blog posts, and speaking at industry events (not required)
- Serve as an internal SEO leader/liaison for our content marketing department, interfacing with content teams to help improve overall SEO performance for our clients
- 7+ years experience in an SEO role
- 2+ years experience of people management in an SEO department
- 2+ years of agency experience
- Experience with website analysis using SEO tools like Moz, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Google Analytics (crawlers, analytics platforms, CMS, marketing software, etc.)
- Technical background with the ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with conducting a full SEO site audit and pulling impactful recommendations from it, presented in a digestible format
- Solid understanding of how search engines crawl, index, and rank websites, as well as how those tasks work in different websites/industries (i.e., news, blogs, eCommerce, etc.)
- Experience managing international SEO strategy for both mid-market and enterprise accounts
- Ability to analyze data to provide impactful recommendations and decisions related to on-page, off-page and technical SEO factors
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to form productive working relationships
- History of managing client relationships and providing polished deliverables
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently
- Experience using the Google Workspace suite
- Experience using a project management tool like Basecamp
- Experience with ecommerce websites and CMS such as WordPress and Shopify. Headless CMS experience is a plus.
The salary range for this position is $110,000.00-$116,000.00.
Please plan to upload the following information during the application process:
- Your resume
- A short introduction/cover letter
- Please provide 2-3 technical SEO suggestions for https://www.mattressfirm.com/. (This is not a current client and the information will not be used for Siege Media client work.)