Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Ferguson has an exciting position available for a Senior SEO Manager! This is a great opportunity to lead a team of highly skilled, technical SEO marketers to drive organic growth in support of an enterprise-wide eCommerce, omni-channel strategy supporting a $20B+ brand.
The Senior SEO Manager will provide leadership and strategy for Technical, Content and Local SEO best practices while working across departments to produce actionable information supporting SEO and organic growth.
Location: This position is approved for 100% remote work.
- Review existing SEO strategy across websites supporting the enterprise
- Differentiate between Product, Technical, Local, and Content SEO objectives to implement standard methodologies for each
- Prioritize SEO opportunities to best support the overall business goals
- Evangelize an SEO optimized site structure
- Provide insights for the re-platforming for Ferguson.com to SFCC
- Drive Local SEO excellence by using 3rd party tools for location aggregation across platforms
- Champion Technical SEO as part of the technological framework for website construction
- Lead the SEO team and orchestrate new and innovative research for high SERP ranking
- Grow the Content SEO program to support product, content, and informational page optimization
- Collaborate closely across teams and departments to determine search goals meet on-site content messaging
- Build a marketing calendar of appropriate Content for seasonal customer Search behavior
- Develop a relationship with the Content Team to regularly perform gap analysis’ and provide recommendations
- Build useful reporting and present to leadership for goal progress and budget justification
- Research and evaluate new traffic trends and identify new optimization opportunities
- Assess search outcomes related to our site and/or advertising/marketing campaign
- Report monthly on SEO critical metrics and build future projections
- Build pre and post mortem reporting for all SEO recommended changes
- Align Search Engine analytics with GA360 to show comparable Search story
- Handle all tools and services used by the SEO team
- Establish relationships across Ferguson and Build teams to attach SEO efforts to existing projects
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field preferred
- Proven experience of 10+ years in Search Engine Optimization with a consistent record of upward success and mobility
- Excellent leadership, team building and mentorship skills
- Ability to analyze data issues and produce working solutions
- Ability to work with and analyze multiple data sets
- Advanced GA360, GSC, and other analytical tool usage
- Advanced experience in website architecture
- Advanced understanding of principles of content organization
- Advanced experience in product category eCommerce
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and handle deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and across teams while maintaining poise and maturity
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Named One Of America’s Best Employers
Ferguson is proud to be named as one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes Magazine. This recognition is a testament to our more than 31,000 outstanding associates across North America who are the foundation of our success and who make our company truly special. By applying for a career with Ferguson, you have the opportunity to join our award-winning business that is recognized for the value placed on our associates at every level of the organization.