1-800-Flowers.com, Inc ~ family of brands
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. is a leading provider of floral gifts and gourmet food for all occasions and is seeking an Manager of Search Engine Optimization to manage in organic search efforts for our family of brands including 1-800-Flowers.com, Harry & David, Wolferman’s, Stockyards, and more. The Manager will also play an integral role in achieving cohesive SEO goals in an exciting multi-brand environment for 1-800-Baskets.com, Shari’s Berries, Fruit Bouquets, Cheryl’s cookies, Simply Chocolate, The Popcorn Factory, as well as emerging brands and corporate initiatives.
The Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Enterprise SEO & Partnerships, and will be granted the opportunity to translate business goals into successful SEO strategies. In a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, the Manager will use their expertise and analytical skills to assertively recommend the absolute best SEO strategies and solutions to complex situations, from elite and in-depth content initiatives, to best-in-class technical SEO skills.
- Utilize SEO methods to increase the campaigns visibility on major search engines to meet or exceed company goals.
- Ranking & Keyword Management and Analysis: Produce high-level keyword analysis while tracking, managing and distributing daily and weekly organic rankings. Set KPI benchmarking and reporting for organic search optimization efforts. Candidate should also have awareness of different search engines as well as personalized, international, and local search.
- Analysis of Natural Search Metrics: The Manager will get to use their analytical skills to report natural search numbers across different analytical platforms. A weekly and monthly report is required.
- SEO Strategy Expert with Effective Execution: Apply the best content strategies from a natural search perspective to clearly indicate to the user and the search engine bots what our pages are about. This would include optimization of on-page and off-page copy, as well as image, video, social, and local initiatives.
- In-Depth Competitor Analysis: Analyze an extremely competitive marketplace and take note of e-commerce trends in the space.
- Define SEO requirements in a product management capacity by recommending site enhancements that maximize ROI and increase rank of natural search result listings.
- Create and develop link building strategies.
- Analyze and translate quantitative and qualitative data from web analytics tool (including Google Analytics) into actionable SEO plan.
- Optimize site architecture, optimizing URL rewrites and HTML tags, and developing alternate directories.
- Frequent site crawls and site health checks via Screaming Frog, server logs, and other SEO tools are a necessity.
- Serve as internal search expert, facilitating communication between internal marketing and merchandising teams, to ensure best practices are shared and leveraged by the company.
- Manage outside vendors to audit, recommend, and advise on best practices and continual improvement
- Research and develop SEO best practices to identify new market opportunities, new link partnerships with sites in the Gifting/CPG space and identify a robust SEO keyword list.
- Manage deliverables, reporting, strategy implementation and all direct communications with internal departments including IT, Merchandising, Web, Site Analytics and the Senior Leadership team.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing or Computer Science/ Engineering or similar technical discipline or relevant work experience.
- 3 to 5 years SEO work experience at an industry leading site or agency.
- Candidate should be easy to work with and assertive, and a team player. Effectively work with the Vice President SEO & Partnerships as well as the internal team, and external agencies in natural search efforts.
- Experience in business analysis and reporting is required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel are required.
- Strong knowledge of search engine algorithms and ranking strategies.
- Track record of successfully implementing SEO strategies with a goal of increasing traffic and revenue.
- Detailed knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster tools and their use to direct SEO analysis.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, and 3rd party tools such as Screaming Frog, BrightEdge and Moz.
- Creative Go-Getter in a Fast-Paced Working Environment: The Manager should be a quick learner who can hit the ground running in a fast-paced working environment. Creativity for innovative marketing initiatives to stay ahead of the trend is part of the gig.
- The Manager should possess a good understanding of usability and online shopping behavior as our customers and online users are our number one priority.
- Candidate should be obsessed with good grammar, clear communication and should be familiar with SEO copywriting.
- Technical SEO– Knowledge of technical SEO is mandatory, and a good understanding of coding, even if she or he do not know how to code themselves.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes assessing customer needs and delivering on quality standards for service.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Technical SEO — Using their tech savvy knowledge of code and SEO to make the best recommendations for schema markup, robots.txt, XML sitemaps, etc.
- Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Visualization — The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Originality — The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
About 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. is a leading provider of gifts designed to help customers express, connect and celebrate. The Company’s e-commerce business platform features an all-star family of brands, including: 1-800-Flowers.com®, 1-800-Baskets.com®, Cheryl’s Cookies®, Harry & David®, PersonalizationMall.com®, Shari’s Berries®, FruitBouquets.com®, Moose Munch®, The Popcorn Factory®, Wolferman’s Bakery®, Vital Choice®, Stock Yards® and Simply Chocolate®. Through the Celebrations Passport® loyalty program, which provides members with free standard shipping and no service charge across our portfolio of brands, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. strives to deepen relationships with customers. The Company also operates BloomNet®, an international floral and gift industry service provider offering a broad-range of products and services designed to help members grow their businesses profitably; Napco℠, a resource for floral gifts and seasonal décor; DesignPac Gifts, LLC, a manufacturer of gift baskets and towers; and Alice’s Table®, a lifestyle business offering fully digital live-streaming floral, culinary and other experiences to guests across the country. 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. was recognized among the top 5 on the National Retail Federation’s 2021 Hot 25 Retailers list, which ranks the nation’s fastest-growing retail companies, and was named to the Fortune 1000 list in 2022. Shares in 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, ticker symbol: FLWS. For more information, visit 1800flowersinc.com or follow @1800FLOWERSInc on Twitter.