As our Freelance Slack Community Manager, you’ll be more than just a moderator; you’ll be the catalyst for conversations that spark creativity, the one fostering our unique community culture, and the conductor of engagement with our 450+ members (and counting) of digital marketing gurus.
The Traffic Think Tank (TTT) Community Manager will be responsible for managing community ambassadors, organizing offline events, fostering personal connections with community members, and driving engagement and reporting on these metrics. The role also involves content analysis, staying updated on industry trends, and leveraging digital marketing knowledge. More specifics below 👇
Community Leadership + Relationship building:
- Foster a sense of belonging and connection within the community by establishing personal relationships with community members. Talk with them in DMs, have check-in calls, etc.
- Manage community ambassadors and influencers effectively.
Engagement and Content Creation:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive community engagement strategy, including responding to posts, questions, and helping users connect with other members.
- Regularly post conversation-starting content.
- Perform content analyses by exploring other online marketing groups—here, you’ll identify new content types, innovative ways to interact with members, and trending topics for discussion.
- Organize and coordinate offline monthly events to strengthen community relationships.
Survey and Poll Analysis:
- We send regular surveys to our users to understand their experience in the group. You’ll analyze these responses to gather insights and create an action plan for necessary improvements.
- Metrics this role will be responsible for analyzing regularly and working to improve group engagement metrics such as response time, number of messages and reactions, number of active Slack users, online and offline event performance, etc.
What makes you a great candidate?
- 3+ years of community management experience fostering engaged and active online communities.
- Experience using Slack.
- Knowledge of digital marketing, specifically SEO. (At least intermediate level preferred. Previous experience in digital marketing is a plus)
- Able to work remotely, preferably during US working hours Monday – Friday.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Be ready to talk to some of the marketing industries best!
- Approximately 20-25 hours per week (4-5 hours/day) during US working hours Monday – Friday.
- This is a freelance position with an initial 3 month contract—extensions discussed before the end of the contract.
- Monthly wage based on set contracted hours.
If this job description has you thinking, “YES, this is what I’ve been looking for!” then hooray! Please apply on LinkedIn. We’ll be reviewing all applications and will get in touch with qualified candidates to schedule an interview.
Traffic Think Tank was founded by Nick Eubanks, Ian Howells, and Matthew Howells-Barby in 2017 as a space for marketers to gather, talk shop, and learn how to be better digital marketers. With an Academy of hundreds of courses and a private Slack community with over 450 members, TTT has quickly become one of the must-be places for marketers looking to level up their skills.