Xivic builds innovations on behalf of brands and established startups. Sometimes that innovation is a business strategy. Sometimes it’s an app, website or piece of technology. And sometimes it’s an ad campaign. With our expertise spanning design and technology, we create products and experiences that elevate a business – – from awareness to engagement to revenue.
Some of our marketing clients include Shakey’s, Dunn-Edwards Paints, California Closets, Driven Brands, Umami Burger, Wiley X, NBC Universal, Sony, GE, and EA Games. And, we’ve designed and developed digital products for Meineke Car Care Centers, Aprilaire, Fox, Staples, Participant Media, Maaco, Disney, Toyota, and more.
Xivic is looking for a Web and SEO Data Analyst, who can perform digital marketing tasks while thinking quantitatively, analytically, as well as creatively, and follow directions closely. They hold a key skill: an understanding of digital marketing campaign principles and the ability to not just measure and analyze but to use data to provide insights for change and guidance for improvement for client’s digital presence, associated Marketing programs, and campaigns.
This role requires a strong passion for data and using that data to create compelling arguments for strategy and execution recommendations. You’ll be successful if you’re skilled in asking questions to understand key behavior and have strong critical thinking as you analyze different datasets to find answers to these key questions.
You will use your expertise in Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio and other analytics tools to guide detailed recommendations. You’ll enjoy launching sites with sound technical tracking, digging into GA to find the data story and report findings to our team. Your self-starter attitude will serve you well in always finding ways to use your data talents to bring value to our clients.
Collaboration is key for Xivic, so you’ll also be working closely with our Account/Project Management and Development teams. The role allows for hands-on experience with a variety of web platforms, mobile (iOS and Android), eCommerce platforms, and social integration.
This is a remote role for U.S. based candidates with team members throughout North America in Pacific, Mountain, Central, and Eastern time zones.
We are looking for applicants who are self-motivated and have excellent communication skills. You should have the ability to see the big picture and ask questions, as well as laser in on details.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Use data to drive detailed recommendations that will bring results that align with the strategy and objectives of our clients
- Work collaboratively with digital cross-functional teams to ensure that client strategic goals are able to be tracked and reported appropriately
- Provide a wide-range of data analysis for a variety of clients and websites to generate specific site improvements
- Analyze search ranking issues (organic and blended maps results, utilizing databases, search engines, navigation services, social-local, business directories, and business review insights during audits)
- Interact with development teams to provide implementation requirements
- Test and provide quality assurance feedback to the various development teams
- Develop and maintain ongoing dashboards, reports, and metrics that monitor digital advertising performance and provide actionable insights that drive changes in the business
- Perform SEO and analytic site audits to provide recommendations on essential changes to improve data and search engine ranking
- Stay abreast of web analytics trends and best practices
- Lead efforts to research and evaluate new tools/capabilities in the analytics industry
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as necessary to answer business questions and drive decisions
- Serve as a liaison to vendor partners to ensure success with a variety of projects
- Perform SEO, SEM & other digital campaign-related tasks, such as metadata updates, keyword research, and creating redirect tables and spreadsheets.
- Researching and scraping client websites and competitor websites
- Finding content gaps as well as keywords for increasing traffic to landing pages
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, marketing, communications or equivalent education
- 2-3 years of experience with Google Analytics, GSC, GTM and other analytics tools – expert level Google Analytics, including creating and/or optimizing goal tracking, creating advanced segments for analysis, etc
- Detailed experience in the execution of moving from Universal Analytics to GA4
- Ability to not only create custom events and triggers in GTM but debugging, troubleshooting, and fixing configuration issues
- 1+ year agency experience in the same or similar role or 2+ years working in-house
- Experience in digital analytics, applying data-based findings to generate specific site improvements
- Excellent critical thinking skills and strong written and verbal communication are required
- In-depth knowledge of Internet terminology, KPI creation, pathing and engagement analysis and tagging experience are needed
- Proven skills working with internal Marketing team to understand their business needs and respond with appropriate recommendations
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and organize while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment – will always follow up and follow through
- Experience in project management tools like ActiveCollab, Jira, Confluence, BaseCamp, Monday, etc. and a demonstrated understanding of project management methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze raw data and recommend strategies based on findings
- Possess keen attention to detail
- Exercise independent judgment, work well under pressure, and manage concurrent projects
- Demonstrated flexibility in job responsibilities