At Trainline, SEO plays a vital role within the Growth team and there is significant opportunity for growth. We’re looking for a highly motivated and commercially minded Technical SEO Manager who will own technical SEO globally.
Being highly visible in search engines is critical to the success of Trainline. As such, you will join the SEO team and work alongside colleagues in Commercial, Tech and Product to implement scaled solutions that drive the performance and growth of Trainline across the UK and international markets.
The role requires applicants who can bring a wealth of knowledge and hands-on experience in technical SEO. We are looking for someone that has a passion for SEO, digital marketing, creative thinking and learning who can generate and execute ideas for increasing the web presence of the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform.
- Showing a deep understanding of how search engines and web crawlers work. An ability to translate this into actionable SEO recommendations that are measurable and add value to business performance.
- Understanding HTTP status codes, redirects, canonicals, hreflang, meta robots and other compliancy factors that may impact Googlebot’s ability to crawl Trainline effectively.
- Solving complex indexation and crawlability issues, giving recommendations to improve SEO performance at a global level.
- Giving detailed site architecture and URL recommendations using appropriate tools and techniques that aligns with the wider SEO strategy and provides longevity to the business.
- Recommend and implement best practice on-page SEO improvements – schema markup, header tags, titles, internal links etc., that ensure Trainline is best-in-class.
- Identify strategic opportunities and prioritise them against other tactical actions to achieve a balance of short-term and long-term performance.
- Shaping, executing and owning our global technical SEO strategy to solve complex SEO problems (using large scale data analysis) that can have a material difference to our commercial performance.
- SEO experience working with enterprise size websites.
- Knowledge or experience of working with a CMS such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or Umbraco etc.
- Extensive experience with essential SEO tools such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Screaming Frog, Botify, SEMRush, STAT, Ahrefs etc.
- High attention to detail.
- Confident communicator who can work with different stakeholder levels.
- Results-oriented and strong sense of ownership of projects.
How to Apply for this SEO Job
In-house SEO jobs, Mid Level SEO Jobs, Senior Level SEO Jobs, SEO Manager Jobs, SEO Strategist Jobs, Technical SEO Jobs