Endgame360 is a fast-growing digital media company that today runs Showbiz Cheat Sheet, Sportscasting, Remoter.Co, and MotorBiscuit. A creative organization at its core, Endgame360’s primary goal is to delight its millions of monthly readers with high-quality content. Relentless striving to foster a cycle of success, Endgame360’s mission is to combine data, technology, and storytelling to inform its on-the-go readers with high quality content. The company’s three core values are teamwork, radical honesty, and innovation. With its positive, results-oriented, and inclusive culture, Endgame360 has been recognized as an Inc Magazine Best Workplace in 2020.
Publishing since 2009, the company now has over 130 employees across nearly 30 states and enjoys millions of monthly readers across its four sites. Endgame360 is well-positioned to continue its growth in content, readers, and revenues.
The duties and responsibilities outlined below include essential functions of the role. Depending on business needs, this role may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Technical SEO Manager will be responsible for the success of our Search product by achieving excellence in SEO best practices. You will act as our day-to-day in-house Search expert and monitor all SEO health metrics including keyword searches, user intent, crawlability, mobile-friendly, page speed, indexation, etc.
The ongoing responsibilities are as follows:
- Leverage your management skills to develop and communicate a winning strategy to grow traffic and revenue.
- Work cross-functionally with our Editorial, Tech, Ad Ops, Executive and Finance teams to make data-compelled decisions that increase traffic to our site.
- Deliver roadmaps for our major technology platforms and company projects. Establish resources needed to execute our plans. Monitors projects from beginning to completion.
- Constantly staying abreast of new SEO technologies, concepts and best practices. Own the technical implementation and optimization of our tools so they are leveraged to the fullest and create necessary requirements.
- Build advanced diagnostics and data that can provide real-time intelligence on performance, ranking changes, opportunities and site performance.
- Remove negative SEO drivers by monitoring the site for potential risks and own the process that eliminates other sites stealing our content.
- Understand Google Search, Discover and News channels by staying abreast to changes and upcoming risks like core updates or site changes.
- Work closely with the Editorial SEO Manager to find opportunities and resolve issues.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years previous SEO or Product Management experience as well as at least 3 years experience at growth stage businesses or scaled e-commerce companies.
The final candidate will have many of the following experiences, skills, and personal attributes.
- Firm grasp of SEO principles, strategies, and implementations.
- Proficiency with standard SEO tools such as SEMRush, ahrefs, Moz, Google Webmaster Tools and Search Console.
- Experience evaluating log files for crawl data using Screaming Frog or similar tool.
- Strong diagnostic and prioritization skills.
- Mastery of technical-SEO fundamentals (page markup & schemas, URL structures, site crawl performance, server vs. client-side rendering, caching & CDNs, etc).
- Extremely self-motivated, self-disciplined, and comfortable taking ownership of projects.
- Works collaboratively and communicates professionally with the team in a 100% remote environment.
- Bonus points: UX, analytical and creative, NewzDash, SimilarWeb, Google Analytics
Anywhere in the continental United States as the company operates virtually across approximately 30 states currently. Endgame360 is headquartered in Asheville, NC, but has been a remote workforce since inception. Preference may be given to candidates located in states in which we currently operate: AL, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, or WV. However, we may not automatically disqualify those living elsewhere in the United States.