The Technical SEO Manager opportunity at Charles Schwab is for marketers who are looking for their next challenge to impact SEO at an enterprise level, drive high impact business outcomes and be part of creating an organizational culture where SEO is embedded in the way we work. All this in the service of an organization that is recognized for putting client needs at the center of everything we do.
“Workplace Flexibility Program: We’re proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2022.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
You will be part of the schwab.com growth marketing team comprising highly talented digital marketers, all working to create directly create measurable bottom-line impact. One of the programs this team manages is the Enterprise Search Engine Optimization program for schwab.com; the flagship website for Charles Schwab. With over 90% of all new accounts being opened online and significant client engagement on schwab.com; this role offers you the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the financial future of millions of people.
SEO is one of the highest traffic drivers and a significant contributor to new accounts opened on schwab.com. And we believe we are only getting started! With the recent increase in retail interest in trading & investing, the role of SEO in attracting qualified prospect traffic has become even more important.
As our Technical SEO subject matter expert, you will:
- Identify core technical SEO opportunities for schwab.com
- Build compelling business cases for prioritization of initiatives by engineering teams
- Create/Update best practices around technical SEO
- Maintain and improve foundational and core technical SEO across the domain (including but not limited to ->site health, code errors, page speed, schema, caching/ CDN, images)
- Keep abreast on the latest SEO news, algorithms and beta initiatives
- Own the technical & page speed roadmap, continuously revamp to ensure its updated with completed, WIP & new initiatives
- Work with agency to own technical reporting, page speed insights and its impact on S.com
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to lead technical SEO and project manage technical SEO enhancements
- Advice on technical SEO when new page/template launch & review page launches for technical SEO. Monitor pre/post impact with any public page launch
You will also have the opportunity to work on other Enterprise SEO initiatives, including content & local when applicable. To be successful in this role, you need to have a good understanding of technical SEO and its execution with cross-functional teams. You should have great execution, influencing and collaboration skills.
- You should have 5+ years of technical SEO experience
- Hands-on experience with tools such Jira, Confluence, Deepcrawl
- Experience with Splunk (preferred or other monitoring tools), Lighthouse, Google PSI and Search Console
- Track record of delivering improvement in business outcomes
- Strong project management and execution skills, to make sure that SEO strategies are implemented in reasonable time frames.
- Strong ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional stakeholders
Phone Number Hidden