GOBankingRates is unique in the digital marketing and media industry – we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and partner sites.
Learn More About What We Do
How Will You Make An Impact?
- Identify opportunities for traffic growth via on-site efforts such as site structure improvements, performance optimization, new page features, schema enhancements, internal linking strategy, crawlability, keyword cannibalization, and gap identification
- Own the development and execution of a technical SEO roadmap
- Partner with Product and Engineering and participate in scoping, design and delivery of technical SEO projects
- Execute technical audits, content audits, competitive analysis, and traffic performance analysis on an ongoing basis to identify areas for improvement
- Identify innovative SEO opportunities to improve overall crawlability and user experience at both the site level and page level.
- Develop strategies and practices for internal linking our pages at scale.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues that may impact website performance and search engine rankings, such as broken links or slow loading times
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for organic search rankings in comparison to other websites and competitors
- Conduct regular keyword research and content gap analysis to identify high traffic potential article ideas
- Develop performance dashboard and analytics metrics and KPIs; deliver project analysis, monthly recaps, and other routine reports.
- Monitor and build reporting for SEO traffic and keyword ranking performance.
- Leverage AI-generative tools and automation to streamline SEO workflows and accelerate output.
- Creating Standard Operating Procedures to document current and new processes.
- Stay on top of key trends, algo updates, and the latest best practices around Helpful Content, E-E-A-T, and Google SGE and help the team prepare for upcoming changes
What Do You Bring To Us?
- 3-4 years of prior SEO experience with proven results
- You have a well-rounded skillset across all SEO functions (technical, content, links) but have strong expertise in technical SEO and SEO analytics
- You have a strong grasp of SEO metrics and tools (SEMrush, Botify, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Screamingfrog, chatGPT, etc.).
- You are a data-driven decision maker. You have excellent analytical capabilities, with the ability to translate data into action.
- Strong problem-solving, investigative research and critical thinking skills, and attention to detail.
- Passionate about SEO and proactive in staying up-to-date on all the latest trends and best practices.
- You are a structured thinker with a strong intuition on priorities & trade-offs. You can generate and rank-order multiple potential solutions.
- Ability to excel both independently and as part of a team.
- Some knowledge of (or interest in learning about) personal finance.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Experience with basic HTML.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The salary range for this role is $100,000-$120,000. Pay offered may vary within the posted range based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity and passion.
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution
- Paid maternity leave and paternity leave programs
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to help you improve your skills
- Contribution to student loan debt payments after the first year of employment
- 401(k) — employees can start contributing immediately. After the first year, GOBankingRates matches your contribution up to 4% of your salary
A note about our new norm: The world has changed and we know its important to adapt and to do our part to do what’s best for our team. Our number one priority is to have our team feel safe, balanced and connected. Were committed to providing our teams with the best resources and tools to navigate this new virtual world that were living in. We’ve also reinvented the ways in which we recognize, celebrate, and engage with each other to keep our culture strong!
Heres a peek into our world at GOBankingRates –
- Our teams are working remotely 100% for the foreseeable future. Were in the digital media space, so were mobile and flexible!
- *Option to work from an office (if you need to get away!)
- Tools & resources are available to keep our team connected across North America. (JIRA, Trello, Slack, Zoom and so much more!)
- To keep our community engaged and connected, virtual team building events are held weekly and monthly.
- For wellness and balance, weekly virtual fitness classes such as yoga are available.
- To care for the local communities that were a part of across the U.S our team members host socially distanced philanthropic events every quarter.
- And most importantly, weve committed to consistent and transparent communication to help us all stay informed, engaged and to keep us on our path to success and #greatness.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.