Who we are
Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
As a Technical SEO Lead, you will work closely with product, engineering, and marketing teams to identify areas of opportunity for traffic growth and Search Engine results placements.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
• Organic search traffic is a key component to acquiring customers and developing Vivid Seats brand recognition.
• Help users discover exciting Sports, Concerts, Theater & Comedy events using the power of search through external and internal search tools.
• Analyze and evaluate industry benchmarks/market research regarding competitors’ programs to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement
• Continually build and advance a testing pipeline by proposing creative ideas to improve site performance
How your role expectations will progress as a Technical SEO Lead in the first 30, 90, and 180 days
30 days in
• Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
• Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
• Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
• Perform initial site audit to identify potential areas of opportunity.
90 days in
• Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
• Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
• Have full understanding of tools and stakeholders involved to drive strategic SEO opportunities to successful execution.
• Develop short term SEO action plan to address areas of opportunity and improvements on site.
180 days in
• Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the team.
• Mentor others, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
• Evaluate SEO changes and recommendations made within the first 90 days.
• Perform in depth site audit to identify long term opportunities.
• Develop a long-term SEO action plan based off in depth site audit and work closely with engineering teams to launch it and ensure its success.
What You’ll Bring
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent practical experience
• 4+ years’ relevant experience with at least 2 years’ experience in Technical SEO (Canonicalization, Sitemaps, Crawlability, etc)
• Deep understanding of SEO best practices and Google quality guidelines
• Proven ability to identify and troubleshoot onsite issues impacting site performance
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally to ensure alignment and progress on different initiatives
• Experience using site crawling tools like Screaming Frog, Site Bulb, Deep Crawl or Botify.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.
Chicago, Illinois (Hybrid) or Remote