Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Staples Promotional Products is the world’s most trusted source for branded merchandise. As an unprecedented 11-time winner of the Distributor of the Year Award and the highest-ranking Canadian distributor on the North American Top 40 list, we are committed to providing outstanding service and exceptional value. That’s why companies large and small, all over the world, turn to us for the resources they need to increase brand reach and visibility.
Here’s a peek into what we do! https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=KK5lM-0wTvQ
Job Posting Title: Sr. SEO Manager
What you’ll be doing:
As an essential member of the Staples Promo Ecommerce Acquisition Team, the Sr. SEO Specialist will work to accelerate organic search performance across all search engines. This position will work with the digital marketing team and engineering to identify and address technical improvements to the website, perform keyword and competitive research to inform our content strategy and implement all onsite SEO efforts. You should be an experienced SEO who is on top of the trends, technologies, and strategies that are effective in improving organic search performance.
- Owning, building, and managing the SEO roadmap for an ecommerce website.
- Analyze our website’s performance with Google Analytics, PageSpeed Insights, and other tools
- Develop a plan to address all content, and linking projects that can improve SEO performance, and work with the team to prioritize implementation.
- Evaluate SEO performance based on key performance indicators (KPIs) on a weekly basis to make recommendations and alterations in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with internal partners to implement technical SEO audit recommendations and technical improvements to the website in collaboration with the IT and UX teams for higher level of effort projects.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing team to transform KW research into long-term content production strategy.
- Analyzing data at an advanced level to identify the root cause of issues. Identifying backlink opportunities and performing necessary outreach.
- Identify, document, and manage our SEO best practices for website management
- Help to develop a set of SEO KPIs for consistent and comprehensive performance management across onsite and technical aspects.
- Establish a system for monitoring website redirects, canonical tags, and other technical, administrative, and error related issues that may prevent optimal performance and address them as needed
What you bring to the table
- The Sr. SEO Specialist will collaborate with the Digital Marketing and UX team members dedicated to supporting our SEO efforts as a critical marketing channel. This position requires a positive and collaborative approach is essential as member of the larger cross-function team.
- The Sr. SEO Specialist will be required to operate independently with minimal supervision and be relied upon to deliver with a strong sense of accountability and integrity. You will be expected to contribute to our overall SEO strategy, prioritize initiatives to improve performance, operate as the trusted subject matter expert for SEO related questions, and execute as a hands-on manager.
This position has a salary starting at $82,000
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience developing, managing, executing, and measuring SEO campaigns is required
- Strong ability to understand technical SEO issues including but not limited to page elements, information architecture, URL structure, and server-related issues.
- Strong experience with industry-standard tools such as Ahrefs, Moz, SEMRush, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, PageSpeedInsights, Screaming Frog, and more.
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with strong organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of search engine criteria/algorithm updates (Panda, Penguin, Pigeon, Fred, RankBrain, BERT, etc.)
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the current state of SEO across: technical SEO, on-page/content optimization, inbound-linking & authority development.
- Google Certifications in Google Analytics
- Experience with ecommerce optimization is a big plus, but not required
At Staples, you’ll find the asset we value most is you. It’s why we offer a number of benefits to support our associates’ well–being both on and off the job. Here, benefits are designed to meet the diverse needs of our associates and their families for good health, work–life balance, retirement prep and overall peace–of–mind. For more information Check out our perks and benefits!
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.