Our websites are the public face of Microsoft, where individuals, communities, and businesses can directly experience all that’s possible with our products. Some of those sites are critical entry points for developers to discover what they can create with our products and services. The Content and SEO team in the Global Demand Center for commercial cloud marketing is looking for a smart, self-motivated, data-driven senior SEO manager to manage organic search for sites that serve the developer audience. The SEO manager will develop and execute strategies to drive traffic and revenue for key cloud products, for the developer audience. This includes multiple domains that serve the same audience. You have least 6 years of hands-on SEO experience (technical and content), including solving tough multi-domain, enterprise-level SEO problems with global footprints, developing sound strategies to support traffic from the top to the bottom of the funnel in a commerce ecosystem, and educating and influencing a broad set of stakeholders in an enterprise environment.
The senior SEO Manager works closely with engineering and marketing web teams, product marketing, engineering, paid/SEM teams, our content studio writers, and agency partners to evolve and sustain a holistic, scalable, impactful SEO program that maximizes SEO benefit against business objectives and priorities. Our team: We are a fast-paced group with global stakeholders. We put a focus on getting things done, simplifying anything and everything, and having fun while doing it. We all believe that content matters—it helps our customers find us and inspire them to take action on the happy path once they do find us. You will be in the middle of it all helping to make decisions that impact our resources, timelines, and global web experiences.
Important things that you’ll help drive:
• An SEO strategy that maximizes traffic and revenue opportunities
• Analysis of complex data sets to identify opportunities, forecast results, and implement strategies in a cross-functional team
• Collaboration with business groups to solve technical problems, provide optimization recommendations, and forecast impact to initiate traffic across our web properties
• Actionable insights that help partner teams improve efficiency of paid online marketing spend and site operations
• Localization strategies
What you’ll do:
• Perform forensic technical SEO audits and inspections of websites to identify on-page, off-page, and technical issues
• Monitor for technical crawl issues and other relevant errors monthly and provide solution-based recommendations
• Identify growth opportunities in site infrastructure, keyword selection, and on-page optimization
• Monitor performance metrics to understand organic search performance and measure the impact of technical and content changes
• Analyze large amounts of data from a variety of sources and prepare executive-ready reports and insights of SEO campaign performance
• Stay current on global SEO and search landscape and emerging trends and identify tools and reports to automate processes or deliver more sophisticated analysis.
Who you are:
• Obsessed with SEO. You know the landscape of industry tools to audit, research, and analyze search data, and how to derive meaningful insights from what you uncover.
• Equally comfortable with both technical and content optimization; in this role, you’ll do both, but with a focus on content and growth marketing.
• A problem solver. You can build SEO strategies that address the complexities of having multiple domains that serve similar audiences.
• Passionate to help others learn. You recognize your own SEO expertise, but also know that with great power comes great responsibility—and seek out opportunities to educate other marketers and engineers.
• A believer in data democratization and you understand that openly sharing SEO data only helps make the SEO program stronger.
• Fact-based, data-driven. You persuade with facts, not fluff. And you always challenge your own assumptions.
• 6+ years’ practical experience in global SEO environment
• Experience managing SEO for multiple domains for the same audience Preferred qualifications
• Deep familiarity Adobe Analytics/Omniture and other analytics and reporting tools, including Power BI
• Highly proficient in Excel with the ability to analyze data and prepare report presentations
• Ability to draw conclusions from data to create business cases, market insights, and requirements for SEO
• Experience using SEO tools including but not limited to SEMRush, BrightEdge, Google Search Console, Bing WMT, Deepcrawl, Screaming Frog, and others
• Ability to manage multiple projects in highly-matrixed organizations, often with competing priorities
• A demonstrated track record of increasing rankings, traffic, and revenue while managing and executing SEO strategies and tactics
• Well-versed in online marketing best practices and measurement
• Understanding of site management, web development principles
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.