This opportunity has the flexibility to work remotely anywhere in Canada.
Perks of joining HomeStars:
- All our roles are currently remote. Office equipment supplied!
- Comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to stay healthy!
- Home Improvement Credit: All employees receive a yearly credit to use toward a service from HomeStars
- Wellness activities to support your mental and physical health and Employee and Family Assistance Program
- December Closure: Our whole team takes a break in the last week of December, every year
- Personal Days: 5 extra days off per year, on top of vacation and sick days
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of Torontos entertainment district, including a rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts, and foosball
- As a leader in our field, we strive to provide exceptional experiences to service providers and homeowners. We are dedicated to continuous improvement and innovation. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior SEO Content Specialist to join our dynamic marketing team and help drive our online presence to new heights.
- The Sr. SEO Content Specialist role will be primarily responsible for developing and executing the overall SEO strategy for HomeStars. Your in-depth knowledge of search engine algorithms, keyword research, and technical SEO will be instrumental in elevating our online presence and generating high-quality organic leads. As a strategic thinker and data-driven marketer, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement best practices, analyze performance metrics, and continuously refine our SEO approach to stay ahead in the ever-changing digital landscape.
- Your expertise in crafting compelling and optimized content will play a crucial role in driving organic traffic, improving search rankings, and increasing brand visibility. You will work closely with the marketing team, collaborating with writers, designers, and digital marketers to create and optimize content that resonates with our target audiences.
Your typical day at HomeStars:
- Develop, execute, and optimize holistic SEO strategies that impact HomeStars B2C and B2B activities
- Harness the power of search data to understand user intent, create targeted content strategies, and uncover exciting business opportunities
- Be the driving force behind defining success metrics and translating SEO results into business objectives
- Pitch and implement new search and content opportunities
- Develop a content strategy that aligns with your target keywords and addresses your audience’s pain points and interests.
- Create high-quality, original, and valuable content in various formats, such as blog posts, articles, infographics, videos, and guides.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to incorporate SEO/content strategies and best practices
- Deliver actionable insights to Marketing Directors and the leadership team through visually compelling reports, including strategic recommendations to drive growth and increase brand visibility
- Conduct regular SEO audits and competitive analyses
- Advise on SEO requirements for website development, ensuring maximum search indexability and visibility
- Define and document search-driven guidelines and requirements for various page elements, such as content, page speed, structured markup, site architecture, URL structure, meta content, internal and backlinking, accessibility best practices, and more
- Analyze and report on SEO results to both internal and external stakeholders, driving informed decision-making and continuous improvement
- Effectively communicate SEO concepts, strategies, and success stories clearly and concisely for easy understanding
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest digital trends and changes in the SEO landscape, identifying new opportunities for automation, visual search, voice search, social search, and more
- 5+ years of SEO experience
- Demonstrated achievements in systematically improving search performance and driving traffic and conversion growth
- Strong analytics skills, and proficiency with first-party data tools like Google Analytics, Looker, Google Search Console, etc.
- Experience with third-party SEO tools, like SEMrush, Ahrefs, ScreamingFrog, etc.
- Strong content strategy skills, including data-driven content creation
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with an eye for detail and grammar.
- Experience defining and documenting cross-disciplinary internal processes to streamline SEO implementation and best practices
- Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables, and vlook-ups, and comfort working with large data sets.
- Strong understanding of technical SEO and the web development process
- Passion for staying current in a rapidly evolving digital environment, leveraging new tools and digital marketing channels to gain a competitive edge
- Able to adapt to write in company voice and inject company values into writing.
- Proven ability to write content that converts, makes users take action and click through
- Strong presentation and data storytelling skills, emphasizing compelling visual stories in slide format
- Comfortable interviewing members of the public and industry professionals.
- Familiarity with the home services industry is a plus.
HomeStars is Canadas leading platform connecting homeowners with qualified service professionals for their home improvement needs. Every month, over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and select the best-rated professionals nearby. Check out homestars.com to learn more!
HomeStars Core Values
Our Core Values are woven into everything we do. They guide how we behave, how we act, and what we will aspire to be. They underpin the culture of HomeStars and act as drivers for impact, personal growth, and collective performance.
Customer Obsessed: When our customers thrive, we thrive. We put their needs first.
Think Big: We think without limits. We believe in the possible.
Embrace Candor: We speak up, listen and challenge respectfully.
Act Like an Owner: Were invested, we own our outcomes.
Bias for Action: We take action to accelerate our success. Speed matters.
Were Stronger Together: Our differences empower us, and our will to win unites us.
HomeStars has recently been recognized as:
Great Place to Work® Certified
Best Places to Work in Technology 2023
Best Workplaces in Canada 2023 100-999 Employees
Best Workplace with Most Trusted Executive Teams 2023
Best Workplaces Managed by Women 2023
Best Workplaces in Technology 2022
Best Workplaces for Hybrid Work, Canada 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.