ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a candidate with 3-6 years of experience in SEO to take on a leadership position at a young, fast-growing company. You’ll oversee strategy development and execution for our growing list of SEO clients with the broader goal of establishing Uproer as a leading provider of SEO services in the Twin Cities.
You’ll be responsible for managing client engagements, developing SEO processes, mentoring up-and-coming SEO talent, and contributing to the improvement of our offerings.
The chosen candidate will be a strategic thinker who is motivated by driving results for our clients. This role encourages (or more accurately, requires) an entrepreneurial enthusiasm, as the chosen candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and direction of Uproer as a business.
Strategy Development & Thought Leadership
- Partner with clients to develop SEO strategies that drive outcomes that are aligned with their stated sales & marketing objectives
- Create tactical roadmaps that prioritize SEO opportunities given each client’s goals & unique marketing situation (industry, competition, resources, etc.)
- Provide high-level consultation as it relates to the performance impact of other marketing channels on SEO
- Educate clients in areas where they can positively impact organic search performance or take certain responsibilities in-house
- For holistic engagements, collaborate with Uproer’s SEM team to maximize growth opportunities in Search
- Contribute to the growth and development of Uproer’s service offerings by raising opportunities for improvement and working with leadership to implement solutions
Client Management & Execution
- Lead day-to-day management of your clients’ SEO engagements
- Manage the prioritization and execution of SEO tasks, including but not limited to:
- Keyword research & competitor analysis
- Content auditing & outlining
- Technical, on-page, and off-page auditing & optimization
- Measurement & reporting
- Delegate responsibilities to SEO analysts
- Maintain an organizational system that ensures your responsibilities are completed on time & to expectations
- Develop and deliver reporting that communicates results and surfaces new insights and recommendations
- Take ownership of client relationships
- Develop relationships with clients that are built on transparency, honesty, and exceptional communication
- Create communication strategies that foster collaboration, including a regular meeting cadence and exceptional customer service
- Share the wins and don’t shy away from the losses
- Be proactive in bringing solutions and opportunities to clients
- Be open and communicative with your coworkers and leadership team to flag issues early and resolve them quickly
- Develop yourself continuously
- Practice continuous self-improvement by welcoming feedback and taking responsibility for your personal growth
- Stay informed of industry developments, particularly in the realm of ecommerce and SaaS, to keep you and your team on the leading edge of SEO
- Strive to do your best work, treating each challenge or deliverable as an opportunity to level-up our work
- Support the growth of your team members to become more skilled, purpose-driven and autonomous
- Provide mentorship to advance your team members towards tangible development milestones
- 3-6 years of experience managing SEO programs
Experience with the following platforms:
- Google Analytics / Google Search Console / Google Data Studio
- Common SEO auditing and analysis tools: Screaming Frog, Semrush, Ahrefs, etc.
Salary: $65k-$85k, Based on experience
10% bonus based on company goals
Benefits of Working at Uproer
Uproer is a perfect fit for the experienced SEO who is hungry for more freedom and more responsibility. We’re a growth-minded group of entrepreneurs who enjoy building a work environment that makes room for our passions. We are world travelers, pet-owners, and concert-lovers, and the environment we’ve created encourages a true work-life balance, no matter what hobbies we choose to pursue. The common thread among all of us is that we get fulfillment from an environment that challenges us to be better people & professionals.
Here are some other benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- Flexible work-from-wherever policy
- Retirement program with 3% company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
About the Company
Uproer was founded in May 2017 and is based in St. Paul. We’re a team of twelve full-time employees plus a tight network of talented, local contractors.
What we do: Uproer is a search marketing agency specializing in developing digital marketing strategies for ecommerce and SaaS companies.
How we do it: We develop creative solutions to complex problems that connect people to the products or services that best suit them.
Why we do it: To seek fulfillment in the pursuit of our creative passions.