Under Armour, North America
The SEO Copywriter is an individual contributor role inside the Americas SEO team, responsible for creating unique content based on strategic goals identified by Americas SEO and eCommerce Teams. Copywriters work under the supervision of the Director of SEO, and in coordination with the SEO team to fulfill requests from an annual planned content calendar. SEO copywriters must be adept and proficient writers, who are able to quickly research and create search-optimized content that is useful to users and meets the length and time requirements of the department. Copywriters must adhere to tight deadlines, writing and researching 7 to 12 pieces of content a day on average.
Time management and the ability to complete tasks accurately and efficiently are critical to success in this role. In addition to copywriting experience, critical thinking, time management, and being calm under pressure will be keys to success.
The SEO Copywriter will have a passion for sports and athletes, with exceptional grammar, editing and writing skills.
ABOUT THE JOB
Under Armour strives to promote from within whenever possible. To be considered for this opportunity, you must have been in your current position a minimum of 12 months, not currently on disciplinary probation, and meet the minimum qualifications for this role. Additionally, please ensure that you have received your current supervisor’s approval and notified your HRBP if applying for a position.
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Write a high volume of high-quality, organic search-optimized web content per month, adhering to strict quality guidelines within time requirements
- Manage production schedules independently to meet tight internal deadlines
- Perform competitor and keyword research in order to write top-placing content
- Collaborate with SEO team to create content that meets team goals
- Flawlessly edit content created by yourself and others
- Work within website platforms to publish content
- Follow and understand brand style guides and specific compliance requirements
- Contribute actively to department and company goals
- Understand and implement SEO best practices as it applies to content
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Demonstrated experience in organic search, search engines, and digital marketing and drive to stay current with SEO news and updates
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Desire to continuously learn and improve skills
- The ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Willingness to identify problems or issues and raise them to leadership, as well as present possible solutions
- Adaptability: ability to work in an agile, fast-paced test-and learn environment
- Detail-oriented writer and editor
- Proficient with Google Docs/Google Sheets or Microsoft Word/Microsoft Excel
- Ability to perform and apply findings of keyword research and competitor research using SEMRush and Google
- Demonstrated understanding of SEO fundamentals
Education And / Or Experience
- 2-3 years of experience as SEO Copywriter
- Passion for writing with a strong portfolio of work
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience writing for ecommerce websites and/or experience writing about sports and athletic gear highly desirable
Salary and Relocation
Salary Range – $69,000 – $95,000
Work Life Integration: Fully Remote
No relocation provided.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
How to Apply for this SEO Job
In-house SEO jobs, SEO Content Jobs