Are you looking to join an enthusiastic, mission-driven startup? At Willful we’re known for bringing the crucial but overlooked task of estate planning out of the shadows and into the same conversation as insurance, financial planning and filing your taxes. While end-of-life planning is a very sensitive subject, our mission at Willful is to use technology and empathy to make the process as simple and painless as possible.
Our company has caught the attention of major publications such as The Globe and Mail, The Toronto Star, Global News, Betakit and has struck a deal on Dragons’ Den. Willful has been approached by industry leaders in banking, insurance and employee benefits, and we have active national partnerships with Allstate, Arbor Memorial, CIBC, and other top Canadian brands.
Transforming estate planning to give people an accessible, dependable and affordable option is the fuel that drives us every day. We’ve helped over 150,000 customers create their wills and power of attorney documents since launching in 2017, and now we’re looking to hire a Marketing Manager – SEO and Organic Channels to help us continue on our mission.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies and tactical plans for organic search, email, website, organic social media, and partnership marketing channels.
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly targets for traffic, customer acquisition, and revenue, holding accountability for the performance of assigned channels.
- Build, manage and mentor a diverse marketing team, including a Content Marketing Specialist, an Email / CRM Specialist and a Partnership Marketing Specialist.
- Analyze data and use insights to drive traffic, customer acquisition, and revenue across all organic channels.
- Grow the organic search channel to increase website visibility, traffic, and sales from non-branded searches.
- Collaborate with Product, Customer Success and Partnership teams to ensure marketing initiatives align with company objectives and brand messaging.
- Utilize collaborative tools such as Asana or Notion to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies, adopting tools like ChatGPT and Zapier to execute efficiently and effectively.
- 7-10 years of experience in a similar role, preferably with a B2C brand; B2B experience is a bonus.
- Proven expertise in driving traffic and sales through organic search through a combination of tactics, from content marketing, to technical SEO and link building.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and visual, with a keen eye for good design.
- Strong leadership and team management experience.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Innovative problem-solver, adept at finding solutions using technology and data.
- Results-oriented, focused on achieving targets and driving growth for the company.
We’re looking for the right person to join our team! We don’t care where you went to school – or if you went to school – as long as you have a proven track record of marketing success.
Even if you don’t check off all the boxes but you think you’d be a good fit for the team – we encourage you to apply!
Perks + What we offer
- The opportunity to work in the nascent space of estate planning that is ripe for disruption
- Competitive salary and participation in employee stock option plan (ESOP)
- Comprehensive Sun Life benefits plan, including health, dental, and vision
- Choice of $500 perk: a health spending account (HSA) OR as RRSP matching through Wealthsimple for Employees
- An annual education budget to sharpen your existing skills or learn a new skill set
- Shortened summer hours, and company-wide “recharge” days off in December in addition to your vacation time
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Flexible work hours to accommodate both work and home life
- Fun and inclusive remote team events and in-person retreats twice a year.
We’re building a diverse team
Willful is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. We have a commitment to diverse hiring and are proud to say that 50% of our team, and 50% of our C-level executives, are female-identifying.
Work where you want to
We’re looking for the right person to join our team so this role isn’t limited by geography and will be 100% remote. The only requirement is that you must be legally able to work in Canada. You will be required to attend in-person company retreats and strategic planning sessions several times a year.
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply for this SEO Job
Expert Level SEO Jobs, In-house SEO jobs, SEO Manager Jobs