We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers. New stars are born here, so don’t miss your chance. And this is our role for experienced Senior Content Writers to create top-notch blog posts that are loved by both readers and Google. We want to build ongoing relationships with these writers and offer consistent freelance work.
Tasks in the role:
- Write high-quality blog posts for Semrush.com that deliver real value to our readers and rank well on Google.
- Explain SEO concepts and processes in step-by-step detail.
- Revise content as necessary per our style guide to meet our content quality standards.
- Research and expand upon topics to strengthen the originality of content.
- Collaborate with Content Writing Managers and editors to produce outstanding work.
- Work with subject matter experts if necessary to ensure content is accurate and useful for the readers.
Who we are looking for:
- Hands-on SEO experience – ideally, not just as an SEO writer. Some of the best candidates may have more experience with SEO than with writing.
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing industry.
- Experience with writing long-form, comprehensive blog content.
- Ability to take feedback and make changes as required.
- High attention to detail.
- Respect for deadlines.
- Experience using Semrush tools or our competitors’ tools.
- Ability to write in American English with native-level proficiency.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You have experience in other marketing areas like PPC, e-commerce, analytics, or SMM.
- You share our common values: Trust because we prefer to speak up and be our true selves; Sense of Ownership, because it’s not worth wasting time on something you don’t believe in; and enthusiasm for Constant Changes, because we are always looking to make things better.
A bit about the team:
You’ll work with the Organic Search Team, which means you are going to collaborate with people who care A LOT about publishing A-class content.
Our aspiration is to make the Semrush blog the best place in the world to learn about SEO and digital marketing. This being said, we’re on a mission to dramatically improve the quality of our blog content.
Going forward, we will only publish fluff-free, engaging, actionable content that helps our visitors achieve their goals.
By working with us, you’ll get plenty of feedback from our editors, and collaborate with an amazing team of marketers.
You’ll also get a byline. Your articles will be published on the Semrush blog, which has millions of readers. They may also be featured in Semrush’s newsletters with millions of subscribers. This is a great opportunity to build and strengthen your personal brand.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We’ve been developing our product for 15 years and have been awarded G2’s Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush., and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.