We are looking for a savvy, energetic SEO Strategist to join RooKrew.
You will be responsible for building custom campaigns designed to increase rankings, traffic, and KPIs based on what our clients want and need to focus on. You will lead strategy on your designated accounts and have ownership of analysis, implementation, and reporting.
This is a client-facing role, meaning you’ll have monthly calls along with the Project Manager.
What makes us different?
We only work in three-month sprints so we’re constantly analyzing client data to make the most strategic moves possible; we don’t have any “checklist” solutions.
What makes us better?
Other than client and internal meetings, you set your own work schedule. When we say flexible, we mean flexible. If you want to work from 11PM to 4AM, then nap till 7AM and hop on calls for 3 hours before going back to sleep – go for it. We’re here to be your teammates, not your parents.
“A day without a nap is crap.” – Blake Denman, President & Founder of RicketyRoo
Here’s most of what you can expect to do in your day-to-day at RicketyRoo.
- Client Strategy & Reporting: Strategy is key for this role. Tactics get results. We work in 3-month sprints by design. At the end of a sprint, you’ll look at the results of the work done, and build out the next 3-month sprint to keep moving forward.
- Keyword research: Classic SEO! You can’t optimize a page if you don’t know what keyword(s)/topics to go for.
- Competitive analysis: Identify your client’s organic competitors and figure out what they’re doing better/worse and how we can leverage those findings.
- Communicate strategies to clients and go over deliverables
- Link Building: From competitive link benchmarking to citation building to topical blog post outreach, we work to ensure our clients’ backlink profiles are best in class.
- Bi-monthly Crawls: Using your choice of crawler, you’ll run a (bi)monthly crawl and technical checkup on clients you’re responsible for. Check for new problems, easy wins, and room for improvement.
- Content Research and Ideation: RicketyRoo has a standalone content department, but sometimes the SEOs will give them an assist with keyword research and content ideas.
- On-Site Optimization: This is the bread-and-butter of any SEO professional: writing title tags, copy edits, and other on-page optimizations.
- Technical Audits: When we bring a new client on, we want to make sure everything on their website is technically sound. It’s the SEO Specialist’s responsibility to run a technical audit checking for anything that could impact rankings.
- Google Business Profile Optimization: We specialize in local SEO, so Google Maps is often the best way to get our clients found.
- Implementation: When clients don’t have the resources to do so, we often go in and make our recommended changes ourselves.You Tell Us! We love new ideas and innovation. If you see opportunities for process improvements or reducing redundancies, we’re all ears. You’ll have the freedom to define it and share it with the team.
- 3+ years of SEO experience
- 1+ years of SEO strategy experience
- 1+ years of working directly with clients
- Passion for SEO and helping small businesses win and grow
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with third-party tools like Ahrefs, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Whitespark, Semrush, etc.
- You enjoy analysis and strategy
- You’re comfortable speaking to clients
- Proficient with Google Docs & Google Sheets