Team: Client Services
Reporting to: Sr. SEO Strategist
Estimated Start: August 2022
Location: REMOTE – Anywhere, US or Canada
Work Authorization: This role is open to US or Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US or Canadian employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a curious data lover and search engine enthusiast to become our newest SEO Strategist! You will be hands-on, in the weeds, working with your team to ensure that clients maintain a strong presence in audiences’ online searches!
So, tell me about the company
Brainlabs is on a mission to build the biggest digital-first media agency in the world.
We hire the top talent in the industry and give them the right training, tools and culture to do the best work of their career.
As one of the world’s leading independent agencies, our agility and client-centricity allows us to win for clients.
What this job is:
- Varied: No two days are exactly alike!
- Data-driven: You will perform data analysis and make recommendations from that numeric evidence!
- FUN! Brainlabs fosters an environment where geeking out, laughing, and sharing knowledge are the name of the game
What this job isn’t:
- Boring. Every task for a client presents new opportunities to learn!
- Stagnant. There is so much room for growth at Brainlabs, and we regularly promote current Brainlabbers in order to grow to scale!
Give me a breakdown of what an SEO Strategist at Brainlabs does:
Client Management Responsibilities:
- Client Lead on 1-4 SEO accounts
- Perform assigned SEO tasks on client accounts, as determined by the strategy roadmap
- Delegate and oversee appropriate SEO tasks on client accounts to SEO Specialist
- Proactively address client performance and/or relationship issues directly with the client, while keeping your manager and team apprised of issues and solutions
- Ensure client work is consistently high-quality, accurate, up-to-date, and applicable to the client (e.g. industry, technology, etc.).
- Ability to lead and execute both technical and content SEO deliverables; directly for the client, and in collaboration with your team
- Communicate client performance regularly and ensure we fulfill on client contracts and promised strategy
- Prepare and present integrating marketing strategies for clients, including cross-sell opportunities
- Perform regular analyses and make data-driven recommendations, following our ‘test and learn’ methodology
- Implement responsibility assignment matrix (e.g. RACI) across client accounts for effective delegation, internal and external communications, and project management
- Lead client meetings and business review preparation, preferably via video conference – prepare the agenda or deck and ensure we take notes
- Implement & use Brainlabs’ tools on all accounts
- Prioritize and respond to client emails/calls in a timely manner
- Measured on revenue retention, growth, hourly rate, and client satisfaction for clients under management
- Models strong alignment with leadership to company priorities and philosophies, effective stress and emotional self-management, as well as a positive and patient demeanor with the team
- Support and mentor account team to prepare them to lead client accounts, including communication, calls, meetings, and emails.
- Cultivates an atmosphere that embraces diversity and inclusion within the team and agency
- Actively participate in wider company initiatives including, but not limited to new business pitches and internal marketing efforts
What we really want:
A team player with a passion for data analysis and search engine optimization!
What particular set of skills would suit this role?
- Demonstrated proficiency of search engine optimization
- Proven organizational, project, and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbally, with the ability to provide actionable insights for all levels of an organization
- Possess keen critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office and/or Google Business Apps (Analytics, Search Console, Data Studio/Tableau), especially Excel or Google Sheets
- Demonstrate alignment to our company values
- Minimum of 1-year hands-on experience managing SEO for a variety of clients
- Minimum of 6 months of client-facing experience
- Previous agency experience
- Previous PPC experience
- Previous experience with the following tools: Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, Moz, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Majestic, STAT, and BrightEdge
How will I know I’m doing it right?
You will be evaluated based on how you live our four core values every day in addition to your work in SEO data analysis, idea-sharing, and client satisfaction!
What happens next?
We know searching for a job is tough and that you want to find the best career and employer for you. We also want to ensure that this position is the best fit for both you and us. Therefore, you will participate in a comprehensive interview process that includes skills interviews with our team. The goal of this process is to allow you to get to know us as we learn more about you.
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!