We are seeking an SEO strategist on our SEO (search engine optimization) team, who can leverage their search engine optimization abilities to drive and execute strategy for the Apartments.com Network of rental brands including Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com, ApartmentHomeLiving.com, Apartamentos.com and WestsideRentals.com, After55.com, ForRentUniversity.com, and CorporateHousing.com.
This person will be joining a best-in-class team that has relentlessly high standards, is never satisfied with the status quo, and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our industry leading SEO team is the driving force for our business and has exceeded our performance goals each ye.
Our success is dependent on our ability optimize our Apartments.com Network sites to beat the competition and earn the most qualified traffic from search engines like Google and Bing. Google is taking an AI-first approach (artificial intelligence) company-wide, including their search algorithms, and we need to raise our bar to continue our levels of unprecedented growth and exceed our future SEO goals.
- Responsibilities include planning and overseeing search-related initiatives for each of our Apartments.com
- Have a strong grasp of SEO best practices to leverage in the execution of search strategies.
- Analyze our websites for improvements, have an in-depth knowledge of keyword research, understand content strategy and work with various stakeholders.
- Ability to convert website analysis into compelling insights and actionable recommendations
- Strong grasp of web analytics and KPIs to help with on-going analysis and reporting.
- Experience with web development processes and can work closely with the product team, developers, and designers to implement changes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across internal teams (marketing, product, technology, analytics, research, etc.)
- Evaluate SEO opportunities that deliver business goals. Proactively identify new potential SEO projects and highlight key opportunities for to drive our organization forward.
- Share results of analyses with our team members and across other relevant departments and teams.
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years of in-house or agency SEO work experience with a proven track record of growing organic visibility and traffic for industry-leading brands in competitive search landscapes
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail, objectivity, and the ability to think strategically
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills – proven experience of presenting data to a non-technical audience
- Experience planning SEO data-driven content and providing on-page recommendations
- Adept with SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, STAT, Moz, Botify, Ahrefs, or similar
- Experience using Google Analytics, Google Search Console & Bing Webmaster Tools
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ)
- Understanding of HTML5 and front-end web programming languages
CoStar Group is the world’s leading provider of information and marketing solutions for the commercial real estate industry. We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ:CSGP) with a market cap of over US$30B and sit alongside other notable names such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Apple.
We’ve been living and breathing the world of commercial real estate information and marketplaces for over 30 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings. We’re working to build a world where people can reach their real estate goals more efficiently and effectively with the best tools and information available. That’s why we created CoStar Group, and that vision keeps us moving forward every day.
What’s in it for you / Benefits:
Working at CoStar Group means you’ll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you’ll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing