REVOLT Media & TV
REVOLT Media & TV creates and curates the best in hip-hop culture and engages youth in social conversation – on-air, on-line, and on-demand. This unapologetically hip-hop, multi-platform network offers original and acquired programming for linear and digital platforms as well as live events and activations across the country.
The SEO Specialist will have a deep understanding of organic search and all the popular SEO tools. You should know how content and page design interact with SERP visibility and have the vision to drive SEO goals across multiple products to align with overall content strategy as part of our Digital team. Ensure search results are relevant and create a positive user experience, while growing website traffic, lead volume and brand awareness. You will leverage SEO tools, such as Google Search, Conductor, DeepCrawl, to increase visibility on major search engines and implement corresponding strategies to boost user engagement and traffic.
You will be responsible for identifying opportunities, executing test plans, providing analytically rigorous site audits, keyword research, and competitive landscaping. Ideal candidates will have the ability to execute and drive measurable results, have fluency with complex data, highly effective communication skills, and a passion for the culture.
- Perform granular traffic and conversion analyses to gain insight into keyword and landing page performance, which informs how you’ll optimize search engine results rankings.
- Utilize web analytics data from multiple sources to evaluate traffic building effectiveness and provide recommendations for improvements in content, user experience, and conversion.
- Work with the web and app development/editorial/programming teams and stakeholders to implement technical SEO best practices and testing procedures.
- Perform technical audits to identify any crawling and indexing challenges and perform post-implementation QA.
- Create technical SEO roadmap to improve our decision-making via utilizing server logs, third-party vendors, external APIs, and analysis of multiple data sources.
- Keep up-to-date on new and trending SEO and digital marketing methodologies.
- Construct and execute link building strategy.
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links.
- Help optimize SEO efforts around YouTube and apps as well.
- 3+ years of experience in successfully developing and executing SEO campaigns for media and/or publishing companies (in-house preferably)
- Deep understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods.
- Experience with SEO industry programs, such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Knowledge of keyword research and data mining tools.
- Ability to complete competitive analysis of other companies within the industry.
- Analytical skills using web analytics (Google Analytics/Adobe), dashboarding tools (Data Studio/Tableau), data manipulation (Excel/SQL), and SEO platforms (Conductor/DeepCrawl/Google Search Console)
- Previous work using SEO keyword research tools (e.g. SEMRush, Google Trends)
- Experience creating impactful SEO reports and dashboards.
- Comfortable analyzing high volumes of data on a daily basis.
- Direct experience with on-page and off-page SEO tasks, including editing within WordPress and similar CMS.
- Experience with other aspects of marketing, such as customer growth and SEM a plus.
- Team-oriented disposition, ability to partner, engage and motivate technical and non-technical individuals across different teams, including executives.
- Familiar with YouTube and apps, especially as it pertains to SEO.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (email, phone, etc.) to help share key data points and insights internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (technical or analytical field a plus) including knowledge of HTML, CSS, and programming language.
- Possess an understanding of diverse and multicultural communities, with a genuine passion for Hip-Hop culture and social justice.