Cox Automotive ~ Dealer.com
This position is remote/work from home and can be located anywhere within the United States.
SEO Specialist is the client’s point-of-contact for all organic search related questions and concerns. Besides the monthly scheduled calls to review work and strategize, the client also as direct access to the Specialist via email or phone as needed.
- Communicate with clients via regular monthly conference calls to review website performance, work completed as part of the SEO program, present strategies for the following month, collaborate on additional strategies to help the client achieve their goals, and generally act as consultant for client’s online search presence.
- Act as SEO account manager, providing clients with direct access (call, email) to answer concerns, defend the service by reinforcing the value of Dealer.com’s SEO programs, or save potential cancellations.
- To improve client site performance in search engines, and utilizing Dealer.com’s web platform, execute on strategies using strictly white-hat search engine optimization tactics. Including content writing and optimization, metadata optimization, schema markup implementation, canonicaling of URLs, 301 redirects, NAP alignment, and natural backlink building.
- Utilizing Dealer.com’s analytics platform, analyze and evaluate website performance including, but not limited to, organic visits, visitors, form submissions, conversion rate, bounce rate, and visibility (keyword ranking data) to determine level of client performance and identify areas of opportunities.
- Write client-facing reports on how website is performing to help them understand the benefits of Dealer.com’s SEO program. Reports include details on the impact of the SEO campaign, specific key performance metrics, challenges the site is facing, solutions to those challenges, and the work completed along with the reasoning behind the effort.
- To assist with identification of potential site improvements, utilize 3rd party tools like Copyscape, Majestic SEO, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Trends, and Moz Pro.
- Troubleshoot negative trends in key performance indicators and search engine visibility. With assistance, determine cause of trend and take corrective action.
- Complete search engine related requests from clients like market research, webpage optimization, Google Local optimization, and analysis of analytics on demand.
- Hourly pay rate is $17.85 – $25.01/hour. The hourly rate may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate’s experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or other related field preferred or equivalent work experience may be considered
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Understanding of how search algorithms work
- Knowledge of search engine optimization tactics
- Strong customer service and client relationship skills required
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, driven, and enthusiastic
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Willing to train search engine optimization
- Demonstrable experience creating and executing SEO campaigns
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and broad website concepts
- Previous client relationship, account management, experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.