At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise “a helpful smile in every aisle” and those smiles can only come from a workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our customers and each other.
Assists in developing and implementing digital marketing content to attract customers to Hy-Vee assets, improve online presence and promote products or services. Will be part of the day-to-day execution and maintenance of organic search strategies, including keyword research, analysis, Hy-Vee content asset management, and opportunity analysis. Will work closely with the Digital Marketing and Content teams to enhance both on page and technical SEO requirements to implement the underlying SEO strategy.
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and execute strategies to improve organic rankings and search traffic.
- Assist with analysis of campaign performance to optimize and report overall results utilizing various reporting software including Google Analytics.
- Implement onsite optimizations including page titles, descriptions, sitemap review, and SEO Content.
- Keyword research for all Hy-Vee assets to identify and discover new targeting keywords that tie into an overall content strategy.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology and digital marketing and SEO best practices.
- Research competition, investigate benchmarks, and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Utilize tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Keyword Planner, Google My Business, keyword ranking tools, etc.
- Work with content teams to create effective SEO content strategies targeting search keywords and relevant topics.
- Develop effective local search strategies, creating, optimizing, and monitoring local citation listings and onsite local best practices.
- Effectively communicate strategies and performance to stakeholders.
- Reports to work when scheduled and works expected number of hours.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Participates in company and team meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company
- Good verbal and written communication skills; Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with people in a friendly, professional manner; Team player
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions
- Ability to interact with basic computer systems, including word processing, spreadsheet and email applications, as well as job-specific programs
- Must have experience with Google Search Console
- Experience working with technical SEO tools such as Moz.
- Experience setting up, optimizing, and creating internal site search strategy.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree; 1-3 years experience with experience in digital marketing and SEO; Digital project management experience.
- Must be physically able to perform sedentary work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 10 pounds, and occasionally standing or walking.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
The duties of this position are performed in a general office setting. There is weekly pressure to meet deadlines.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Standard office equipment including telephone, 10-key calculator, copier, fax, PC with word processing and spreadsheet software.
Has daily contact with stores, suppliers/vendors, and the general public.
Has access to confidential information including knowledge of advertising rates, pricing information, and store sales.
About Hy-Vee, Inc.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 270 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $12 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 10 Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America’s Top 5 favorite grocery stores. The company’s 80,000+ employees provide “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle” to customers every day.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.