*Company located in Utah – Employees can work in the office or remotely in most locations in the US, except SC and NY. This is a full-time opportunity, not a contract opportunity.
What we are actually looking for: You’re passionate about SEO. Really passionate. You LOVE to nerd out on chatting SEO tactics, big SEO wins and industry trends. Algorithm updates? Those just keep you on your toes and that’s what you love about SEO – the ever-changing SERP landscape. You can pivot quickly and you’re not afraid to take calculated risks when the data supports the need to do so. You’re focused and results-driven.
Are you really looking for another unfulfilling marketing job where you spin your wheels and watch your skills and potential dwindle away? Didnt think so. Youre the type of person who needs to be challenged both personally and professionally. As much as you love business and marketing, youre equally excited to grow yourself personally. Youll love participating and contributing to our personal development programs at Disruptive, helping us realize and live our potential together.
Were not like other agencies who cap the growth of their people. Instead, leaders come to Disruptive to accelerate their career growth and unlock their full potential as a marketer. Employees have even said, 1 year of marketing experience at Disruptive is comparable to 3 years anywhere else.
And, because you probably want more details, you can dive into those below, even though you already know if you are the right person or not from these first few paragraphs 😉
About the role: As our SEO Specialist, you will be a key player in the success of building out Disruptive Advertising’s SEO department. With a high degree of expertise and analytical savviness, you will perform website audits, and strategize & implement on-page, off-page, technical and content optimizations. Always the technical expert, you will take conscientious actions where the data supports your decisions. Youll also provide regular direct feedback when reporting to the AMs and clients, which will demonstrate the precision and value of your efforts. Ultimately, you will work at a faster than average pace and do well managing multiple, simultaneous projects as you diligently assume the role of go-to expert on the organic performance of your clients.
As our SEO Specialist, you will receive:
- Salary range $75-90K dependent on experience
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401k with generous match
- Vacation bonus ($500/after 1st year, an addition $250 every year after)
- $2,000 annual personal development budget
- And more
As SEO Specialist, you will:
- Perform comprehensive client SEO audits focusing on (but not limited to) the following areas:
- On-page SEO (metadata, internal linking, KW targets/density, etc.)
- Technical SEO (XML sitemap, robots.txt file, crawlability, index status, etc.)
- Off-page SEO (backlink profile health, earned links/outreach)
- Content (user sentiment, user experience/engagement, KW gap analysis, CRO)
- Identify KPIs to measure organic success with clients
- Utilize organic performance data to prioritize and implement SEO tactics in monthly/quarterly roadmaps
- Assist Account Managers with client communications around SEO knowledge and recommendations to develop and deliver a clear strategic vision to each client
- Fully develop, manage and grow SEO project plans and own overall strategic direction for your SEO clients
- Create monthly/quarterly reports that highlight organic performance, i.e., SEO wins and areas that still need improvement
- Perform day-to-day tasks such as competitor analyses, KW research, metadata creation, internal link implementation, backlink acquisition, etc.
- Stay abreast of industry trends (algorithm updates, SERP updates, beta tests, etc.) and how these trends impact client performance
What you need to be SEO Specialist:
- 3+ years managing and executing SEO projects for multiple clients within agency environments
- Experience working with and communicating with clients directly
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate complex SEO issues and tactics
- Thorough technical SEO knowledge
- Understanding of HTML/CSS and website structures
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables)
- Expertise in Google Analytics/GA4, Google Search Console, and other SEO tools such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog and Botify
- Basic understanding of CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) (preferred)
We are Disruptive Advertising: (https://disruptiveadvertising.com/) Our vision is to create an environment where we can all better realize and live our potential; in order to do this, we are building the best performance marketing agency at delivering growth opportunities for our people and amazing business results for our clients.
We currently specialize in paid digital media, life cycle marketing through email/text/retargeting, and ensure our clients websites are converting through website optimization all supported by our amazing dev and creative teams. We are now ready to accelerate our growth and impact with an SEO and Content offering which the whole company is excited about.
We are a fast-growing team of professional digital marketers. Our clients look to us to expand their digital marketing footprint and create growth for their business by winning at life and business together.
We have been in business since 2013, our offices are in the beautiful city of Pleasant Grove, Utah where one side of our office overlooks the towering Wasatch Mountain Range, and the other has stunning views of Utah lake.
Disruptive has won many awards for growth and as a leader in our industry, but, we are the most proud of those that represent how our people feel about working here which include but arent limited to: Utah Business Magazines Best Companies to Work For, USA Today as one of SLC’s Best Companies to Work For” and in Glassdoor as “Best Places to Work at #13. And dont worry, we are now primarily remote and our non-Utah based employees are saying the same thing 😉
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity and we look forward to reviewing your application!
- Grateful– We find joy in the journey!
- Inside Out- We focus on what we can control and don’t waste time worrying about what we can’t. We lead with what we can improve and do better, not with what others should change.
- Growth Minded – We choose and love the growth process. We push through the pain and challenges when others would quit. We enjoy the growth journey and don’t get sucked into the “I’ll be happy when” syndrome. We are willing to take a step backward when that sets us up for two steps forward.
- Caring– Those we interact with feel seen and understood. We show up to serve the moment, others, and our community.
- Win/Win/Win – We are committed to the win/win/win; if its not a win for any 3 of these parties (Company, Client, Employee), I do what it takes to make it so.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity and we look forward to learning more about you!
Disruptive Advertising is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information or veteran status.