We are currently hiring an experienced SEO Specialist to join our SEO department. The successful applicant will be responsible for the ideation and implementation of strategies to ensure our client websites are achieving optimal organic search performance.
The position will require an individual with strong problem-solving skills, solid knowledge of current industry standards, trends, and best practices in SEO, as well as extensive experience with technical SEO tactics. The SEO Specialist will be expected to analyze data, diagnose issues, and implement solutions that result in improved website performance.
Preferred (not required): Hybrid Remote/In-House (Austin, TX)
Our Core Values:
- Be Innovative
- Be Positive
- Be a Winner
Our team shares a common purpose of being the best at what we do. We are thought leaders in our niche of SEO, and are constantly innovating and executing with new ideas. At Direction, you’ll develop and refine skill sets that will take your career to new heights… not to mention, make some great friends along the way.
The ideal candidate is in or around Austin, TX, but, we are still accepting fully remote applicants (US ONLY, NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES LOCATED IN CA, NY, OR, WA).
Join us in building an organization our team and customers love.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be expected to:
- Utilize our suite of SEO tools to analyze/prioritize what needs to be worked on
- Work in WordPress websites (front & back end)
- Develop content/keyword/topic strategies
- Develop and optimize content silo structures
- Merging of existing blog posts if/when needed
- Utilize AI to enhance current blog post and page content
- Optimize Title Tags
- Optimize Meta Descriptions
- Optimize Interlinks
- Optimize Outbound Links
- Optimize Images (titles/alt descriptions)
- Optimize URL’s as needed/create redirects as needed
- Optimize Local SEO strategies (Google Business Profile)
- Identify backend technical issues that can be listed out as recommendations and passed on to developers as needed
- Keep an active pulse on campaign keyword rankings
- Check Google Search Console for website performance issues and indexing issues on an on-going basis
- Provide thorough analysis of campaign progress and updates to our Customer Success Managers
- Identify and fix global site-wide front-end (WP/Elementor) issues on an ongoing basis
Tools you’ll have full access to:
- Screaming Frog
- AI Tools (Jasper, ChatGPT, Claude)
- Local Falcon
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics4
- Google Tag Manager
- Looker Studio