May 26, 2023
At Zight we are trusted by over 4 million users and 20k+ companies to make the workplace more productive and effective with video messages and visual collaboration. Our visual work communication platform enables teams to share information faster through instantly shareable videos, GIFs, and screenshots. Over 50% of the Fortune 500 use Zight, and companies like Salesforce, Uber, Adobe, Zendesk, Atlassian, Slack, Shopify, Zillow, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Outreach, and more trust Zight to power their modern workplace, wherever that may be. Zight has a near 5-star business user rating from G2, TrustRadius, and Gartner Peer Insights. We have raised over $20million from top tier VC’s including Lightspeed, Bloomberg Beta, Greyhawk, Adobe, SAP, as well as the CEO’s of Qualtrics, Lucidchart, and Buffer.
About the job
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced SEO Manager to join our team. As an SEO Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of driving relevant organic traffic to our website and improving our search engine rankings across both self-service (B2C) and enterprise (B2B) offerings.
You will play a crucial role in optimizing our online presence, developing and implementing effective SEO strategies to increase visibility, attract target audiences, and enhance user engagement. This role reports directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Develop and execute comprehensive SEO strategies: Take ownership of the company’s SEO initiatives, including keyword research, on-page optimization, technical SEO and maintenance, link building, content management, development, and optimization.
- Maintain and evolve SEO strategy in alignment with new market trends and best practices. Stay up-to-date with industry trends and algorithm updates.
- Proactively adjust SEO strategies to maintain optimal performance and adapt to algorithm changes.
- Ensure the website’s architecture, URL structure, page titles, headers, and meta descriptions are optimized for search engines and user experience.
- Develop SEO-friendly content that meets user intent and encourages organic traffic growth in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Monitor and analyze and report on website and traffic performance through regular website audits using relevant tools.
- Prepare regular reports on key SEO metrics, including organic traffic, keyword rankings, backlink profiles, and conversion rates. Provide actionable insights and recommendations to enhance SEO performance and achieve business goals.
- Implement or recommend changes to assist in improving website performance as needed identifying and resolving issues that may negatively impact search engine rankings including but not limited to: crawlability, indexability, website speed, and mobile optimization to ensure optimal search engine visibility.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the complexities of CMS and other internal tools.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience with a focus on SEO and digital content
- In-depth knowledge of SEO principles, search algorithm updates and ranking factors, best practices, and industry trends.
- High proficiency in SEO and website analytics tools such but not limited to Google Analytics (G4), Google Search Console, SEMrush, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data, analyze trends, and make data-driven decisions
- Proven track record of success around specific SEO initiatives or tactics you have driven
- Deep understanding and experience with WordPress CMS
- You’re customer-centric in all you do and know how to engage your audience
- Ability to work both independently and with cross-functional teams
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communications skills are a must
- A team player with a growth mindset who works with a sense of purpose, urgency and drive to succeed.
- You are able to work across a wide range of functions and enjoy participating in cross-functional projects and helping team members succeed.
- Prior experience with preferably with a PLG SaaS technology company
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and familiarity with website development/web best practices as it relates to technical SEO needs
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with WPEngine or other hosting solutions
About our Work Environment
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– 401K program to help you invest in your future
– Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
– Paid parental leave to support you and your family
Zight is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
How to Apply for this SEO Job
In-house SEO jobs, Mid Level SEO Jobs, Senior Level SEO Jobs, SEO Manager Jobs