The Digital Ring
While this position is full-time remote, we’re looking for candidates that live in the U.S. This is to facilitate communication and coordination with internal teams and clients.
Please conduct this short, 2-question survey before applying: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSejW7Uc_ag_wo4bodjhYm3QnWd-KM8s83qxnEcER3Wg5XayAw/viewform?usp=sf_link
The Digital Ring isn’t your average marketing agency. We’re an award-winning crew of business-minded strategists, creatives, and developers. We work with clients big and small — across a wide range of industries — offering web design & development, SEO, content marketing & copywriting, branding, paid digital advertising, and more.
When we partner with a client, we become a seamless extension of their team. We get to know their company and their customer via an in-depth Discovery phase before creating and executing a carefully considered strategy to deliver a beautiful website or tailored marketing plan designed to help them reach their business goals.
Why This Job Matters
As a leading full-service digital marketing agency, we launch and manage hundreds of client websites each year. It’s our duty to ensure that each of these websites is set up for organic success. Whether we are working with a full-blown SEO client or helping with a simple website refresh, you’ll need to incorporate best practices to mitigate any potential declines in organic search visibility and traffic, and to improve rankability for better future performance.
SEO managers at The Digital Ring are business-minded and think holistically about all factors that can affect website performance and traffic quality. They work with our developers on technical optimizations and our copywriters on content optimization. They also collaborate with our paid search team to ensure the SERP landscape is optimal for clients.
This position often interacts directly with our clients. The ideal candidate will have a firm grasp on all aspects of SEO, and the ability to answer client questions, share insights and reasoning, and educate confidently. As the search landscape constantly evolves, you’ll be expected to stay on top of the latest SEO trends.
What This Job Entails…
- Lead all search engine optimization efforts at The Digital Ring, including auditing, strategy development, optimizations, monitoring, and reporting.
- Win new SEO clients through strong research, presentations, and pitches.
- Continue developing and advancing The Digital Ring’s SEO department through process and resource improvement.
- Build strong, accountable relationships with SEO clients.
- Provide keyword research, content reviews, and pre/post-launch best practice checks for all new website projects.
- Perform in-depth technical, content, and/or off-site SEO audits.
- Perform substantial, collaborative, and intent-driven keyword research.
- Develop and share strategies, recommendations, and timelines.
- Work with The Digital Ring’s Account and Project Management teams to determine expectations and deliverables, and ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Perform optimizations (development and content specialist teams assist with complex tasks).
- Build and maintain client SEO reports.
- Share insights and reasoning on organic performance (good or bad) with clients regularly via email and/or virtual meetings.
- Monitor organic performance metrics and KPIs.
- Quickly identify urgent issues, understand the cause, and react quickly and confidently.
- Document successes and create case studies.
- Remain current on the latest SEO trends and search engine algorithm updates.
- Be available as a source of knowledge for the internal team.
- A holistic understanding of all SEO signals and SERP-impacting factors.
- Experience with technical, on-page, off-site, and rank tracking tools. Examples:
- Screaming Frog
- PageSpeed Insights
- Experience and confidence with various content management systems. Examples:
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- Proficiency with Google Sheets and Google Data Studio.
- A complete understanding of agency/client relationships.
- Basic coding knowledge (CSS, HTML, JS, jQuery, PHP) is a plus!
- Excellent strategic thinking skills — able to craft strategy independently or with limited oversight.
- Excellent problem-solving skills — able to react quickly to new or complex client requests.
- Exceptional communication skills — able to speak and write clearly and succinctly.
- Excellent presentation skills — able to confidently and persuasively sell work and ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills — able to be personable and develop and maintain great working relationships with clients and internal team members alike. You must be a team player!
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills in order to juggle competing demands.
- Resilience and positivity — even in difficult situations (attitude is everything here at TDR).
- The ability to meet project deadlines and budgets.
- The ability to work in a fast growing industry with unknown technology advances around every corner.
- A desire to consistently learn new skills and try new tools.
- The attributes of invention, imagination, and originality.
Job Classification: Salaried, exempt
Physical Requirements & Demands: Primarily sedentary work, exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally or a negligible amount frequently. Primary working position-sitting, with occasional standing, walking, stooping, crouching, and kneeling; frequent reaching, carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling, grasping, typing, talking-speaking clearly, hearing-conversation, and seeing-near.
Work Environment: Full-time remote
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Digital Ring is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and any other consideration covered by federal, state and local laws.
How to Apply for this SEO Job
Mid Level SEO Jobs, SEO Agency Jobs, SEO Manager Jobs, SEO Strategist Jobs