The SEO Manager is a fully remote position that oversees SEO and content strategy team interns, junior team members such as Marketing Assistants, and mid-level marketers such as SEO Analysts and SEO or Content Strategy Specialists across US time zones.
Apply if you are passionate about the intersection of growth strategies, technical SEO, analytics, user experience, and content and creative strategy and implementation–even if you aren’t sure if you fit 100% of the requirements.
If you’re able to source credible solutions to both common and complex problems, even if you lack years of hands-on experience, you may have what it takes for long-term SEO success. Thriving in our agency is a combination of both hard and soft skills and we’re looking for someone to add to the performance and culture of our team–not just fit in.
As a fast-paced digital marketing agency, we work closely together to complete projects providing analysis, recommendations, and implementation of technical SEO, content, creative, and reporting solutions. Our clients range from small, privately owned businesses to international non-profit organizations and eCommerce companies across a variety of industries. We are also purpose-driven and very passionate about creating a positive change in our communities.
The SEO Manager will help shape the future of the SEO success at Outspoken Media and would serve as an experienced point of contact internally and externally about SEO. The ideal candidate would have the ability to interact with people at all levels of the agency, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork — working with departments including Leadership, Technology, Content, Creative, Digital PR, Operations, and Client Services as well as subject matters experts, contractors and clients to consult, create, shape, QA, monitor and guide strategy.
What to expect as an SEO Manager:
- Your team = SEO
- Your supervisor = CEO and Lead Strategist
- Your day = ~9 am EST start; 9:30 am management standup and 10 am team stand up; mix of deep work, internal meetings, and client calls (manage your work blocks to maintain uninterrupted time, but anticipate daily triage and shifting priorities); wrap up 5-6 pm based on team needs
- Your responsibilities = (see below)
- How you’ll be managed = 1:1s w/Supervisor; quarterly performance reviews; career development; onboarding; personalized training; continuous feedback and recognition
- The culture = constantly curious towards the industry, clients, team and self; dedicated to achieving results, being reliable and establishing trust; kind to each other and the world with honest communication, inclusive decision making, and a positive attitude and growth mindset
We’re looking for someone to enhance and add their unique experiences and perspective to our team, not just to fit in!
- Exemplify Outspoken’s core values in all internal and external communications striving to establish the agency as a best place to work.
- Maintain a working knowledge of junior and mid-level SEO duties and responsibilities while also contributing to the production of billable work.
- Maintain an average billable capacity of sixty percent when prioritized by Client Services or otherwise instructed by Direct Supervisor.
- Oversee SEO deliverables and team members with day-to-day communication for SEO consulting, SEO strategy, SEO audit, content audit, and competitive gap analysis services for your assigned accounts to ensure work is delivered on time, budget, and meets client and agency standards for quality and effectiveness.
- Delegate tasks to direct reports and oversee SEO team standups including coordination with Client Services and other SEO Managers for prioritization and capacity planning relative to team and client schedules.
- Establish, maintain and execute a vision for your team in alignment with other managers, Direct Supervisor and Leadership objectives until otherwise directed.
- Maintain an understanding of and perform duties in accordance with managerial standards, agency policies, and operational processes.
- Build and improve relationships with clients, leaders, managers, employees, and prospective team members and contractors.
- Identify potential business, client, and team opportunities and needs and inform the Direct Supervisor or other Department heads to follow up.
- Attend to client, team member, and contractor complaints and resolve issues promptly or direct to appropriate Department heads.
- Work with team members and other internal departments to ensure the company meets or exceeds clients’ expectations ensuring quality work is performed on time and budget.
- Participate in hiring and onboarding processes.
- Participate in team development and day-to-day management of direct reports including reviews, one-on-one meetings, hard and soft skill development, progressive disciplinary processes, operational procedures, and promotions for direct reports.
- Ensure the company proactively supports team members and remains in compliance with state and federal requirements as it relates to the position.
- Develop and implement training opportunities and documentation for direct reports and other team members and clients for SEO and growth strategies.
- Organize and maintain internal and client-facing documentation using industry and agency tools to the extent necessary.
- Attend client calls and engage in other client-facing conversations across various internal and external communication channels and platforms.
- Grow professionally through continuing education in alignment with Direct Supervisor and agency objectives. May include third party courses, in-person training, webinars, industry reading, etc.
- 1-3 years of proven work experience as a SEO Manager or hands-on experience managing SEO consulting within a digital agency, advertising agency or comparable environment.
- 2-5 years of proven work experience within a digital agency, advertising agency or comparable environment working across multiple industries and organizations.
- Working knowledge of and experience maintaining:
- SEO and digital growth industry best practices, tools, and deliverables;
- SEO and content governance including documentation, educational resources, and checklists;
- technical SEO knowledge;
- analytics, dashboard, and reporting knowledge;
- off-site and vertical SEO;
- content systems, processes, and workflows;
- CMS and digital platforms, calendars, project management tools, and ticketing systems;
- free, paid and enterprise industry tools;
- content and creative standards for SEO and user experience;
- brand and legal guidelines and approval processes;
- and various approaches to SEO and information architecture.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing SEO project roadmaps and refining the deliverable process to increase efficiency, improve quality, and deliver on time and within budget.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Gmail, Microsoft Office, Slack, and client-specific content tools and platforms.
- Experience with reviewing deliverables for quality assurance ensuring no potential risks.
- Embodies core company values of curiosity, dedication, and kindness and internal values of honesty, inclusion and positivity.
- Possesses additional managerial skills including:
- organization and planning,
- enthusiasm/ability to motivate others,
- ability to develop and support others,
- capability of visioning and strategic planning,
- setting high standards and goals,
- taking initiative and proactively facilitating communication,
- valuing and promoting teamwork,
- comfortability delivering and receiving constructive feedback,
- and a focus on client satisfaction and team well-being.
- Operates with:
- a sharp attention to detail,
- respect for others,
- a strong work ethic and an ability to follow through on commitments,
- flexibility and adaptability,
- active listening skills,
- effective written and oral communication skills,
- analytical and creative thinking skills,
- and the ability to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Ability to work with all levels of clients and management.
- Can type at least 40 words per minute.
- The willingness to learn new technologies with or without guidance.
- Familiarity with the different browsers and the differences between them.
- BA/BS is preferred or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Company Benefits & Total Rewards:
- Full-Time Salary
- Flexible Schedule & Work Environment
- Training & Development
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Monthly Remote Work Stipend
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Company/Public Holidays)
- Managerial Benefit Supplement & Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan with 3% Company Match
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Parental)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary, AD&D)
How to Apply for this SEO Job
Mid Level SEO Jobs, Senior Level SEO Jobs, SEO Agency Jobs, SEO Manager Jobs, SEO Strategist Jobs