At Teachable, we believe shared knowledge has the power to create a better world. We’re on a mission to enable others to share what they know and monetize their knowledge through online courses, coaching, and knowledge products. Through thoughtful tools and resources, we help transform our creators’ expertise and know-how into thriving online businesses. We’re changing the face of the creator economy and making a more satisfying work life a reality for hundreds of thousands of people. Sounds interesting? Come join us!
We’re looking for a SEO Manager, someone with experience building and executing strong SEO strategies to bring targeted audiences to Teachable.com by increasing visibility on all search engines. You will report to the Director of Brand and Content and partner across multiple departments including paid marketing, content marketing, product, tech ops, creative, and marketing ops to bring best practices in both on-page optimization and technical SEO to life.
This is a first-of-its-kind role within the organization with immense leadership and growth potential. While you’ll be leading these efforts you’ll benefit from the knowledge and experience of several well-versed SEO collaborators across the org. The best person for this role can deliver meaningful impact in our search goals. You have experience analyzing data and competitive intel, combined with creativity, and great project management skills. You’re adept at creating and driving toward a strategy that results in optimizations that grow inbound traffic and site value.
- Lead and develop SEO strategies and initiatives that deliver on growth goals
- Execute holistic SEO campaigns including supervising SEO friendly page construction, creating target keyword lists, improving site URL structure, improving link architecture, advising on on-page best practices for new and existing content, working as a bridge between tech and marketing to ensure peak site performance, etc.
- Monitor competitive intel around SEO activities and create optimization plans to capture target audiences
- Perform site and content audits, making recommendations for improvements
- Educate organization on SEO best practices and DIY opportunities, where applicable
- Support CMS migration
- Identify and pitch investment for SEO tools, where needed
- Contribute fresh ideas on techniques and improvements we can use to ensure Teachable is a top search result for intent-based search activity
- Suggest copy and image optimizations where appropriate
- Advise on new page construction during campaigns when necessary
- Respond to and solve site errors and bugs in partnership with our tech/infrastructure team when appropriate
- Liaise with our CMS provider to monitor site changes, updates
- Own reporting on organic search performance and changes in rankings
- Manage technical aspects of SEO (sitemaps, robots files, canonicals, etc.) as needed
- 5+ years working in a fast paced growth company
- Someone who has a proven track record and can walk us through the specifics of how they’ve optimized sites to-date, including results they’ve been able to achieve
- Intrinsic understanding of SEO tactics, including on-page, technical, off-page, industry best practices, current industry trends, and tactics to avoid
- Expert user of Google Analytics
- Expertise implementing and using third-party enterprise SEO tools Ability to influence stakeholders and change behavior
- Highly analytical
- Organizational savvy and an ability to work across functions, companies and cultures
- The self-starter mindset of an IC but a love for collaborating with the team at large
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
- Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
- Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
- 4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
- Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
- Tax-free commuter benefit
- Conference budget
- 50% gym & wellness match
- Headspace subscription
- $250 Donation Match Program
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We’re growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning employees (depending on the requirements for the role) may work either fully remote or in-office (or a combination of the two).