Reviewed.com (a Gannett Company)
Reviewed, aka. Reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a SEO Manager experienced in editorial search engine optimization. This role interacts with multiple departments including Editorial, Product, Audience, and more.
Reviewed’s mission is to help people buy the best stuff and love what they already own. We do this by providing our audience with informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This role will require you to work on certain holidays/big sale days including, but not limited to, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Amazon Prime Day.
The SEO Manager role sits on the Marketing team and reports to the Senior Director of Marketing. This is a remote role, but staff are also given the option to work out of our (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA.
- Oversee SEO strategy for Reviewed on both our domain and on USATODAY.com.
- Determine quarterly, yearly success metrics and implement strategies to hit goals.
- Make on-page, off-page, and technical recommendations to Editorial, Product, and Audience teams to increase our organic traffic.
- Track performance across all organic channels including, but not limited to, Google Search, Discover, and News.
- Implement workflows between SEO and Editorial for smooth optimization implementation.
- Provide Editorial team with actionable insights on trending topics.
- Conduct regular audits and analyses on our website.
- Use tools including, but not limited to, SEMrush, Google Trends, Google Search Console, and Google Analytics to make recommendations and optimize strategy.
- Implement tests and track performance.
- Present organic performance to stakeholders at weekly scorecard meeting.
- Set up & hold monthly SEO trainings with Editorial staff and other stakeholders.
- Conduct postmortems after large sale events.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, communications, journalism, marketing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience handling SEO, working for a news brand or an agency with a focus on news/editorial highly preferred.
- Experience with both evergreen and news content strategies on high volume websites (over 1MM organic visits/month) preferred.
- Deep understanding of on-page, off-page, and technical SEO a must.
- Experience with Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and other search tools.
- Basic understanding of UX and its impact on SEO.
- Ability to work Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and other sale holidays.
- Self-starter who isn’t afraid to take the reins.
- A quick learner with the ability to adapt to change.
- An individual who possesses an intrinsic drive to learn & innovate and has exceptional communication & organizations skills.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match! As a part of Reviewed, you’ll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.