Seer Interactive is a digital marketing consultancy that harnesses compassion, data, and technology to make a mark on our communities – our coworkers, our clients, our industry, and our neighbors. We believe in relentlessly pursuing (and sharing) the truth – bringing together millions of data points from quantitative and qualitative sources to base our decisions on. Our purpose is to unlock potential for our communities mentioned above. Our vision is a world where it’s easy to do the right thing throughout those communities. If you’re ready to uplift others, challenge your ego, commit to the truth, and be better than yesterday – keep reading.
You, the SEO Manager of our dreams, are a natural-born consultant and will spend your days creating digital marketing strategies that tie into clients’ overall marketing plans. You are passionately engaged with the ever-evolving digital marketing landscape, and have a finger on the changes that can help drive client success. You’re intellectually curious, not afraid to think big and build innovative client strategies—Oh, and you have an affinity for anticipating client needs before they even have to ask, too.
Due to our cyclical hiring needs, this role will remain posted if we don’t have an active need because we know that one will come through soon. If you are not looking for an immediate change, please submit your application now as we’d love to learn more about you. As soon as a position opens, we will reach out to you to continue the interview process if you’re still available and interested, and your skills and experience align with what we’re looking for.
Here are some highlights of what you’ll be doing
- You’ll work closely with a handful of clients, researching far beyond the SEO landscape to understand their specific challenges. With that knowledge, you’ll execute annual strategies designed to solve a problem for a very specific audience
- You’ll act as the main POC for your clients, but will focusing heavily on building relationships and trust since focusing on strong, lasting relationships with clients is at the core of how we do business at Seer
- You understand that at the end of the day, your client’s’ ultimate goal is to drive organic traffic to their site and increase their ROI—to do this, you’ll work closely with clients to develop innovative assets after conducting in-depth content gap analyses, competitive & audience analysis, keyword research, and SERP landscape analysis
- You’re a whiz when it comes to making data & results digestible and you’ll share campaign success as it relates to your clients’ goals on a monthly and quarterly basis using various analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Adobe SiteCatalyst
- You understand that other channels play a role in the SEO process, so you’ll often partner with the PPC, Analytics, Content and Design teams to solve client needs
- Experience building and driving SEO strategy across multiple industries is an absolute must, but your ability to tie outcomes to campaign goals and measure impact is what gives you an edge
- SEO is your thing, but we all know it takes a more holistic approach to digital marketing to be successful nowadays: You’re confident using Analytics to make data-driven decisions—You understand that Content Strategy is really about providing resources to solve users problems—You know the key to promoting content isn’t how long your prospect list is, but identifying and connecting with influencers like a PR pro—You have a solid understanding of how social media channels operate, and while social isn’t our niche, you’re able to make suggestions for other potential channels for clients to utilize during a campaign
- When questions or challenges present themselves, you don’t sweat it for a second; you’re extremely comfortable interfacing with clients and driving conversations with C-Level executives
- There’s always a method (and some data) behind our madness! Because of that, critical and strategic thinking skills are a must
- We move fast and you’ll be juggling lots of priorities. You’ll need solid project management skills to get the job done. You could oversee project resources, meet deadlines and delegate tasks in your sleep—and your experience with project management tools like Basecamp doesn’t hurt, either. You’re comfortable managing your own deadlines and when things get a little crazy, you’re okay with asking for help
- Things change quickly in the digital space and your ability to measure strategy effectiveness (changes to rankings, traffic, conversions) and make decisions based on that data is killer. Your clients love you for it
- You’re passionate about staying “in-the-know” on SEO trends, and you want to share your own knowledge with the world, either via your own blog or Seer’s, too
- Did you say you’ve got International SEO experience, too? Awesome!
- Experience in another fast-paced, digital agency? Whew!
- What! You’ve got Mobile SEO or Video SEO chops?
- You have CRO experience? Cool!
- Google Analytics IQ and Google Ads certified? Let’s talk 🙂
Not ready to apply but want to keep in touch? Stay connected via our monthly Career Update newsletter! We’ll share curated content on Seer, open roles, industry insights, career advice, events you don’t want to miss, and more (so you never miss a beat).
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here– you are welcome. If you read this job description with a belly full of excitement, we’re just as excited about you. You have to apply though 🙂
How to Apply for this SEO Job
Please plan to upload the following information during the application process:
Your cover letter
Your earliest start date
A brief description about yourself (150 characters or less)