The SEO Manager will be experienced in data-driven SEO strategies, possess a deep knowledge of all the functional areas of SEO, and excel at managing a team. The SEO manager has ownership of individual client accounts and will work with multiple SEO team members and internal departments to manage the SEO direction and performance. The SEO Manager will provide leadership and strategy for the direction of an organic campaign, including oversight of local SEO, technical SEO, and content. Additionally, they will be responsible for monitoring the performance and training/growth of SEO team members. They are pivotal in both helping individual team members grow and develop, as well as helping ensure the success of the client accounts they oversee.
Strategy & Execution
- Research and analysis of competitor sites as it pertains to their presence on the web.
- Build technical SEO audits, evaluate impact versus effort, and make recommendations related to SEO goals that impact the clients campaign.
- Evaluate traffic and website data to identify technical issues with websites and provide solutions.
- Review and analyze websites, identifying areas for improvement and change, relative to a website’s organic performance in the search engines.
- Develop strategies for on-site organic tactics and optimize following best practices such as: Schema, URL structure, taxonomy, title text, etc.
- Content strategies and planning that follow full-funnel, content clustering, or other approaches focused on driving results through the use of organic content.
- Develop strategies for off-site organic tactics: such as Local SEO and link-building strategies
- Provide SEO consulting and support to Account Managers and work with them in support of SEO-related efforts.
- Communicate with team on project development, timelines, and results.
- Work with and oversee freelancers/vendors where applicable.
- Work with Marketing Director and Director of Operations to determine the best tools to utilize to improve processes for SEO services, maintain tools, and provide training to team members.
- Internal and external training related to strategy, i.e. industry best practices, and consulting as needed.
- When requested, educate and inform clients on best practices.
- Participate in the development and implementation of internal strategy policies, processes and standards
- Oversee and provide training to team members in SEO specialist roles as it pertains to SEO tasks, projects, and strategies.
- Monitor and evaluate web analytics dashboards and reports in order to develop and recommend SEO strategies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of analytical and tracking solutions to enable multi-channel measurements; aligning them with determined KPIs.
- Analyze and resolve SEO-specific account problems and issues that create roadblocks to achieving SEO campaign goals.
- Continually analyze SEO strategies and optimize account activities to achieve business goals.
- Assemble strategic insights into presentation style materials for clients; present to clients when requested.
Leadership and Team Nurturing
Alignment of Market My Market Goals
- Set clear goals that are achievable and roll up to the organizational goals, and keep the team on track to achieve them. This includes goals that: position the organization to be leaders in SEO by staying abreast of industry changes, identifying key insights from client successes, and ensuring that the SEO Team is able to apply these learnings.
- Work closely in the development of products and services and help drive the product roadmap alongside the SEO team.
- Work with the Marketing Director and Director of Operations to improve processes for accounts and outcomes for clients.
Facilitating Team Growth
- Acts as a mentor and resource for information related to the industry and the day-to-day work being performed.
- Encourage and foster knowledge sharing between team members.
- Cultivate growth opportunities and skills development by working with the team to determine the areas of potential knowledge gaps, focus points of innovation and learning.
- Attend team meetings to discuss ideas, new tools, workflows, testing, and changes in the industry, how those changes will impact our clients, and how to best communicate those impacts with clients and other departments.
- Determine, plan, and run team training around specific disciplines.
- Ensure smooth operation and effective collaboration within their team and discipline.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and find solutions to resolve or improve.
Facilitate Individual Growth
- Review and compile formalized performance feedback annually for each team member; work with them to maximize areas they show strengths in, and develop a plan to advance their skills in areas they need help in.
- Hold consistent regular check-ins with team members to go over individual goals and provide guidance and feedback on relevant projects.
- Act as a point of contact to assist with any issues, concerns, or general feedback.
Our Core Values:
Do What You Say
Be Honest and Transparent
Proactive, Not Reactive
Instill Trust Through Consistent Accountability
Always Do Better, Always Be Better
Do the Right Thing
This is a salaried position with benefits such as PTO and Health Insurance available on first day of employment and 401k after 1 year. This position is fully remote.
About Market My Market
Market My Market delivers completely customized, full service marketing campaigns that bring companies to life online. We pride ourselves in delivering results that directly impact business. Our ideal client is a small to medium sized medical office or law firm with a focus on personal injury, family, criminal defense and employment law.
We believe in growth, accountability, and ownership. The right person for this role will be on track for endless opportunities, and will enjoy the transparency of knowing their work is having an impact.
In 2021 and 2022, Market My Market was recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work.