WHO ARE WE?
Launch Potato is a digital media company with a portfolio of brands and technologies. As The Discovery and Conversion Company, Launch Potato’s mission is to be the most innovative, tech-enabled media company connecting consumers to the world’s leading brands.
The company is headquartered in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida, with a unique international team across more than a dozen countries. Launch Potato’s success comes from a diverse, energetic culture and high-performing, entrepreneurial team.
Launch Potato is looking for an SEO Manager to own organic search strategy, editorial SEO-driven optimizations, and technical SEO audits for several websites, including our flagship site, FinanceBuzz.com.
Through the power of your SEO know-how, you’ll help more people discover our content in the right place and at the right time, so they can find products, services, and advice to help them unlock the benefits of financial freedom and realize financial independence.
You’ll partner closely with the editorial team, analyzing data and synthesizing insights and action-items to make our content more discoverable, findable, digestible, and readable for both users and the search engine powers-that-be.
You’ll make recommendations on individual pages, as well as provide high-level action-items and guidance for our editorial team to stay ahead of trends, create the most helpful content possible, and drive significant revenue.
If you’re constantly curious and love digging in to find solutions to problems, if you’re passionate about SEO and you’re always learning something new and uncovering insights, and if you love helping people through the power of organic content, then this role is for you!
Success Looks Like
- Analyzing data and synthesizing action items, suggestions, guidelines, and takeaways for the editorial team
- Collaboratively working with the editorial team to make our content the best it can be
- Helping to create frameworks for operationalizing content governance, reporting, and auditing to maximize our content’s organic reach, impact, and revenue
- Reviewing key content pieces and giving feedback on how to optimize for users, organic search, and revenue per session
- Creating SEO “best practice” guidelines and documentation for the editorial team and giving trainings when necessary
- Conducting keyword research and competitive analysis to help us create best-in-class content that outranks and outshines competitors
- Improving internal and external linking strategy
- Making SEO-related updates to content in the CMS
- Proposing new ideas and frameworks for how to approach organic content, including experimenting and testing and reporting takeaways to the team
- Making recommendations for new SEO processes and tools
- Providing technical SEO recommendations as needed, including citing errors and opportunities to improve site architecture, images, markup, information architecture, sitemaps, and site speed, including recommendations for tagging, categories, redirects, page pruning, etc.
- Owning SEO reporting on an ongoing basis and being accountable to the following primary KPIs: organic traffic, keyword rankings, revenue per session
What You Need to Succeed
- Strong communication skills with ability to explain concepts and reasoning, along with a love of helping others learn
- Ability to digest and parse data and share actionable insights, including an understanding of effort vs impact
- Collaboratively working with others towards shared goals and understanding the different moving parts of an integrated marketing team that’s ultimately trying to help users and drive revenue
- Confidence to defend choices and recommendations, but humility to be willing to be proven wrong
- Solid foundation of best practices, but always learning and evolving recommendations to meet the ever-evolving needs of users and search engines
- Proven process for realizing SEO results
- Strong background in SEO research and competitor analysis
- Bonus points for experience in personal financial categories, affiliate marketing, or commerce content.
- Experience working in a CMS and bonus points for basic HTML knowledge
- From Day One, we’ve been committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.