The Manager, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) supervises the planning, implementation, and execution of the US Property Management division’s community website SEO program. The position leads a high volume, multi-location client portfolio, overseeing and optimizing SEO strategies within the digital center of excellence. This role involves crafting and implementing effective search engine optimization strategies while analyzing marketing data and leveraging best practices to maximize results. The individual is proficient in managing a high volume of projects and multiple clients concurrently, demonstrating the ability to prioritize tasks, allocate resources effectively, and maintain exceptional standards across various campaigns. The Manager, Search Engine Optimization excels in providing excellent client experience, adeptly translating SEO reports to business objectives, and educating clients and stakeholders on SEO best practices. An excellent communicator, the manager mentors team members to enhance their skill set. Staying updated on emerging tactics within the dynamic digital marketing landscape is crucial, as it enables informed decision-making and innovative problem-solving strategies.
- Direct, lead, and manage the planning, implementation, and execution of the US Property Management division’s overall strategy, initiatives, and priorities related to Search Engine Optimization.
- Select, contract with, and manage relationships with external marketing vendors, suppliers, and other external marketing resources to support projects, campaigns, and other strategies, and manage the day-to-day operation and delivery of our Greystar SEO product to ensure compliance with Greystar standards for product quality, timeliness, and customer service.
- Define and continually review and update SEO offerings to meet Company needs, and prioritize, process, scale and review cost efficiencies and stakeholder value to maximize the return on investment of SEO campaigns. Partner with support teams engaged in projects that enhance both search marketing and other marketing service programs to deliver best-in-class products to key stakeholders.
- Set, define, and implement standards and product type-appropriate key performance indicators for tracking, measuring, and evaluating results on SEO campaigns and strategies, and examine and analyze marketing data to monitor and report key trends and findings related to SEO key performance indicators.
- Recruit, interview, hire, develop, and manage team members by following and complying with the Company’s human resource policies, processes, and practices, and by demonstrating effective leadership behaviors that align with the Greystar values and philosophies around People and that foster and promote a positive, productive, and engaging work environment.
- Maintain a current knowledge and awareness about advancements, improvements, and new technologies related to organic search strategies, act on opportunities to test or pilot new search products and practices, and lead projects and initiatives to drive efficiencies, contain costs, and elevate the effectiveness of the organic products discipline.
- Engage regularly with other Digital Marketing teams to ensure alignment around marketing strategies, coordinate on cross functional projects and initiatives, and implement process improvements and act on opportunities related to search programs and initiatives.
- Occasional travel within the US may be required to attend business meetings and/or training sessions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in marketing, graphic design, communications, advertising, general business, or a related field. 5-7+ years’ experience in a marketing leadership position, with a focus on organic search strategies and search campaign management.
- Must have a solid knowledge of and experience in search engine optimization (on-page, off-page, and technical), including keyword strategy, local search, copy optimization, link building, meta data update, markup schema, and SEO tools, such as BrightEdge, SEMrush, and SEO Clarity. Working knowledge and hands-on experience in Google tracking and analytics tools, such as Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio, and certification in Google Analytics is strongly desired.
- Proficient in updating websites across diverse CMS platforms to implement content and technical SEO tactics, ensuring optimal website performance and search engine visibility. Experience includes executing keyword strategies, optimizing copy, and employing technical SEO enhancements across website platforms.
- Familiarity with Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) methodologies is a plus, as the role may involve collaborating with teams to integrate SEO strategies that align with CRO objectives. The ability to synergize SEO efforts with CRO principles, aiming to improve user experience and drive higher conversions, is highly beneficial.
- Very strong process and project management skills and a proven track record in successfully managing teams that execute the completion of multiple activities, tasks, and processes according to specified timelines, legal standards, and defined outcomes. Proficient in analyzing and interpreting marketing data related to digital marketing and search engine management and search engine optimization.
- Skilled in organizing and managing personal and team productivity, meeting deadlines, and coping and managing through quickly changing priorities and environments. Demonstrated proficiency in solving problems, thinking strategically and creatively, and resolving conflicts is required.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, with a strong customer-centric orientation. Solid ability to make creative and compelling presentations related to search engine strategy to diverse audiences, including clients, investors, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be experienced in interacting with team members from multiple functional disciplines and different job levels, as well as building and maintaining productive relationships with external vendors and suppliers, and business leaders throughout the Company.
- Excellent leadership and people-management skills, with solid experience in acquiring and developing talent, building and managing teams comprised of diverse team members, and promoting a productive and energized work climate that encourages team member growth, engagement, and retention. Some experience in managing through performance issues and conflicts and coaching and mentoring line level team members.
- Skilled and comfortable in using digital and online software and apps to accomplish work, manage and organize time, and communicate, including the ability to use Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and TEAMS, email, and virtual meeting software.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $90,000
Compensation is based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
Corporate Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for an annual performance bonus that is based on individual and company performance.
Onsite Property Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for a discretionary weekly, monthly and/or quarterly bonus based on budget.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Robust Benefits Offered for Full-time Team Members:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- 401(k) with Company Match (eligibility required)
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Critical Illness/Accident/Hospital Indemnity Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Paid Time Off: Time off benefits include vacation, holidays, personal days, and sick time and parental leave
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.