Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for an SEO Lead, Marketing to help us set the vision for the future new user acquisition through content efforts in SEO across the main Webflow site, Webflow Blog, Webflow University, and landing pages. More specifically, this role will identify key levers for SEO growth across the properties mentioned above, build an effective content-production operation, manage the pipeline of content-led SEO initiatives, own the roadmap, and help assemble a world-class SEO team.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco, remote, or either
As an SEO Lead in our Marketing site area, you’ll …
- Continue to build upon Webflow’s solid SEO foundation and transform this channel into a major user acquisition engine.
- Develop an overarching SEO strategy for Webflow’s Marketing properties, including our main website, blog, landing pages, and Webflow University.
- Develop a roadmap to execute the proposed strategy with clear milestones, identify constraints, and pinpoint specific dependencies.
- Help build a well-functioning operation that outputs high-quality and SEO-optimized content at scale.
- Partner very closely with Webflow’s internal content, design, and education teams to establish smooth cross-team processes
- Forecast the impact of the SEO strategy, expected revenue, and payback period.
- Help establish a cadence of executing tasks to improve rankings and optimize conversion rates to sign-up.
- Help recruit SEO talent across the industry.
- That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as (a) SEO Lead in our Marketing site area if you:
- Have previously built an SEO operation from inception to large scale.
- Have previously owned user acquisition numbers from SEO in a product-led company.
- Have experience creating user journeys and matching the current SEO strategy with it.
- Have experience building our content operations – scaling number of writers, editors, and managing editors.
- Have experience building a world-class partnership with in-house content teams.
- If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful SEO Lead and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You’ll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow’s request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.
Please note that a background check and employment verification may be required for this position. If required, we may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.