About the opportunity
Contentful is searching for a hands-on SEO Lead to drive significant impact on our top-of-funnel performance and build the center of excellence to power a best-in-class SEO program. This position will define the global SEO strategy, framework, and toolset and execute initiatives that deliver significant impact on organic traffic to our websites, including Contentful.com. In this role, you will report into the Director of Web Marketing and work cross-functionally with Growth, Content, Data, and Campaign teams and with our agency partner to supercharge Contentful’s organic presence and performance. At Contentful you have the opportunity to have a significant impact on the growth of a fast-growing tech company, tons of room for professional development and the chance to build the foundation for our SEO center of excellence – it’s a great time to join the team.
What to expect?
As the SEO Lead, you will be responsible for growing our organic visibility, increasing volume of organic traffic to our sites, and growing organic sign-ups to the Contentful content platform. To achieve this you will:
- Lead the definition of best in class SEO global Search strategy, backed by a clear program framework, incremental roadmap, toolset, data and forensics – focused on acquisition of new Contentful customers
- Take accountability for the overarching strategy and incremental program whilst championing a collaborative cross-functional approach to drive effective implementation and ongoing impact
- Lead the prioritization and execution of roadmap, incremental optimization, analysis and reporting of performance
- Lead the coordination of our cross-functional and agency partner teams to ensure effective and efficient collaboration, learning and impact-oriented mentality
- Oversee keyword research, strategy, performance and improvement recommendations
- Oversee optimization of web content, landing pages and paid search copy
- Oversee technical SEO performance identifying issues, prioritize backlog and fix implementation
What you need to be successful?
- 7+ years of SEO Strategy, Technical and Content experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Strong communication, program management, and organization skills
- Proven experience of interpreting data and turning it into actionable insights
- Comfortable with experimentation and incremental optimization
- Knowledge of search ranking and optimization factors and key algorithm updates
- Strong ability to frame issues, drive appropriate analyses, and make clear strategic recommendations
- Understanding of website CMS, HTML, CSS, JS is desirable (experience with Contentful is a plus)
- Proficient with Google Analytics as well as popular SEO tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, Google Search Console, ClearScope, etc.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $122,000 – $130,000
[This position is also eligible for equity awards in accordance with our equity award programs]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.