At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ & Accu-Trade. Learn more here!
About the Role:
The SEO Copywriting Contractor is a freelance role that works with the SEO Copywriting team to create unique content for SEO clients based on strategy goals identified by SEO Specialists. Copywriting Contractors work under the supervision of the Copy Supervisor, and in coordination with the SEO Copywriters to fulfill client work month to month. Copywriting Contractors must be adept and proficient writers, who are able to quickly research and create search-optimized content that is useful to users and meets the length and time requirements of the department.
- Write a minimum of twenty 350-400 word high-quality, organic search-optimized web content pieces per month, adhering to strict quality guidelines, within time requirements
- Write high-quality, organic search optimized web content per month, adhering to strict quality guidelines, within time requirements
- Collaborate with SEO Copywriters to create content that meets client goals
- Self-edit your content
- Follow and understand brand-specific compliance requirements
- Understand and implement SEO best practices in content production
- Active interest in organic search, search engines, and digital marketing and drive to stay abreast of industry news and updates
- “Always learning” attitude, driven by the desire to continuously gain knowledge and improve skills
- Adaptability: willingness to accept and embrace changing processes, gray areas, and new ideas with ease and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Detail oriented, especially as it relates to QCing and editing your own work
- Proficient with Google Docs or Microsoft Word
- Demonstrated understanding of SEO fundamentals
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- New Hire Stipend for Home Office Set-Up
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO
Refuel – a service based recognition program where employees receive additional paid time away to learn grow and reset
- Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, Recharge Day
- Learn more about our Benefits, Perks, & Culture on our LinkedIn Life Pages!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply for this SEO Job
In-house SEO jobs, SEO Content Jobs