The Points Guy / Red Ventures
The Points Guy (owned by Red Ventures) is looking for an SEO content writer who will update, edit and refine our credit card marketplace pages as well as some editorial articles. This role requires excellent organizational and time management skills, a willingness to take on long-term projects, and precise editing abilities with an eye for the small details. This person will collaborate closely with both our SEO and editorial teams to create an efficient calendar for refreshing our evergreen and high-performing posts, and will take on the work of updating them with guidance from more senior members of both departments as well as the compliance team.
- Stay up-to-date on the most current credit card offers in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with SEO analysts to create a master list of high-performing articles that merit periodic updates.
- Connect with the editorial team to highlight new card offers, benefits, and terms to include in content refreshes.
- Write updates for our high-performing posts and transactional credit card pages on either a monthly or quarterly basis, as well as when new, limited-time offers occur.
- Edit and fact-check posts and transactional pages thoroughly.
- Usher posts and category pages through the content production and compliance processes to final publication.
- Attend collaboration meetings and report to SEO and editorial contacts on a weekly basis.
- Provide weekly reports on content production.
- Pinpoint opportunities to streamline our content refresh process.
- A team player who enjoys collaborating with others and is good at communicating.
- A highly organized individual with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize their workload according to changing needs.
- Strong research, writing and editorial skills with the ability to edit and rewrite on a deadline.
- Steep learning curve for creating and editing content based on SEO concepts and best practices.
- Good grasp of The Points Guy voice and style and the ability to enhance it on the posts for which you are responsible.
- Working knowledge of WordPress and HTML.
- Interest in learning about rewards credit cards is strongly encouraged.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.