Illinois State University
SEO Content Analyst
Job No: 513625
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: SEO Content Analyst
Employee Classification: IT Technical Associate
Department: Web and Interactive Communications
Campus Location: Normal, IL
The Search Engine Optimization or SEO Content Analyst serves as an editorial lead for campus websites and collaborates with partner units to create strategically valuable content for Illinois State University. S/he is responsible for conducting content audits and website evaluations using methods such as metadata analysis, link analysis, site assessments, customer journeys, site performance, etc. This position is also responsible for client relations and works directly with campus leaders and executives to develop message, tone, and intent for digital communications.
1. Perform Web Content strategy and SEO analysis for both long-term and day-to-day maintenance.
2. Ensure success of University’s web presence via website evaluations, SEO auditing, content strategy recommendations, online traffic analytics and competitive research to enhance student recruitment and retention.
3. Perform Technical Support & Incident Management providing subject-matter expertise on website best practices.
4. Perform Core and Integration Testing of all planned Changes.
5. Create, Maintain and Update System and Configuration Specific documentation like How to Guides for distributed content editors, Standards, and ready to leverage Templates.
Technology Solutions provides information technology products and services for the administrative and business functions of Illinois State University. Through our Technology Support Center and our highly trained staff, Technology Solutions looks to improve the campus experience for all students, faculty, staff, and the rest of the campus community.
The WEB team collaborates with all facets of the University. WEB ensures Illinois State’s online presence is a positive and intuitive experience for all users. They also set usability and branding standards for websites and web applications within the University.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Communications, English, Media Management, Marketing, Data Analytics, or closely related field
- Three (3) years of experience developing strategic web content for student recruitment and retention
- Three (3) years of experience with data analysis and students records reporting
- Three (3) years of experience with student information systems, web applications, and their impact to student success
- Three (3) years of increased responsibility and progressive work experience in higher education areas such as academic advising and enrollment management
- Three (3) years of experience facilitating training and professional development sessions
- Three (3) years of experience auditing business processes and implementing academic policies
- Strong customer service skills along with a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
- Experience managing web content using various Content Management Systems (CMS) including Modern Campus Omni CMS, WordPress, or other modern CMS.
- Experience developing and maintaining web-based solutions, utilizing the following technologies: HTML, CSS, Search Engine Optimization, and Online Marketing Strategy.
- Experience crafting metadata and website navigation hierarchies that optimize ease of use in websites and web applications.
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Search matching, and analyzing web traffic and web trends to implement web enhancements and search results optimizations.
- Experience with accessibility guidelines, including the U.S. Rehabilitation Act of 1978 Section 508, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), and W3C.
Core Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday; weekend or after-hours work may be required as business needs dictate, to support change management, or for disaster recovery
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Remain at a workstation for extended periods.
2. Distinguish colors on a monitor.
3. Effectively communicate on a daily basis.
4. Move about in various locations across campus as needed to complete day-to-day work.
Proposed Starting Date
Salary Rate / Pay Rate
$54,000 – $64,000 annual
Required Applicant Documents
Transcripts – See Special Instructions to Applicants for additional options
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on “Apply”
Optional Applicant Documents
Certification of Retirement Annuity
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on “Apply”
Special Instructions for Applicants
Please fully complete the entire application including, but not limited to, the education and work experience portions. Please list all education and all jobs you have had. Do not leave gaps in employment. You must list all duties you performed in the job duties section (Phrases such as “See Resume” are not acceptable). Failure to follow any of these instructions may constitute an incomplete application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
College or university transcripts (may be unofficial) must be submitted prior to the application deadline to receive full consideration. Transcripts can either be uploaded with your application or submitted via the options listed below.
To be eligible for Veteran’s Preference points on the exam, a copy of your DD-214 (official military discharge) must be submitted prior to the application deadline.
Transcripts and/or DD-214 paperwork may be faxed or mailed to Human Resources by the application deadline:
Fax: 309.438.0011, Attn: Kira Shelton
Address: Illinois State University
Campus Box 1300
Normal, IL 61790-1300
The Civil Service examination for this classification is based on your application materials. No participation other than submission of applicant materials is required from applicants that qualify to take the exam. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score calculated based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register by exam score. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the department for interview. The active register for this classification will be voided when the position is filled.
Contact Information for Applicants
Important Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.