Client Success Advocates (CSA)s are our answer to SEO account managers. Where another agency’s SEO account manager earns a commission for increasing client spend, our Client Success Advocates are paid above-market salaries, removing financial stability from the picture, and ultimately inviting the Client Success Advocate to put the client’s success front-and-center (hence, being an “advocate” for the client’s success).
At PixelCutLabs®, we know we can only retain clients when we do two things better than other agencies: we deliver results, and we make the client experience painless. SEO Client Success Advocates are responsible for two metrics that relate back to our client retention philosophy:
- Client Happiness – We send clients NPS® (Net Promoter Score) feedback forms where we ask them to rate their overall satisfaction with PixelCutLabs® as an agency, only focusing on the relationship, not the results.
- Satisfaction With Results – At the same time, we’ll send clients a second NPS® feedback form to let us know, without factoring in the agency relationship, how well they feel their campaign is performing.
The Client Success Advocate, as the primary point-of-contact for clients, and the person responsible for making sure we follow through on all we promise our clients is the guardian of both of these metrics.
If you do not have one (or multiple) of these qualifications under your belt, we still encourage you to apply if you align with everything else you’ve read. As we mentioned before, a skill can be acquired, culture fit can not:
- Two or more years of managing at least 10 clients in a marketing agency setting
- One or more year(s) of experience in the SEO industry
- One or more year(s) working on improving eCommerce websites
The CSA’s core responsibilities can be described, from a high level, as follows:
- Relationships – Build & maintain relationships to deliver an exceptional client experience
- Task Management – Ensure on-time and complete delivery on commitments made by the team
- Reporting – Report on campaign progress and outcomes through video & graphic reports
- SEO – Identify SEO opportunities and develop a strategy around those opportunities