Are you looking to apply your search engine optimization skills and digital instincts to help our web content to be seen by the right people, in the right place, at the right time? If so, you could be the very person we’re looking for to develop and implement our search engine optimization strategy.
Smarsh is an award-winning tech company that helps companies communicate and collaborate while remaining compliant with ever-changing regulations. To promote our market leadership and build awareness of our unique value, we need you to bring your most innovative, out-of-the-box thinking and data-driven abilities.
This role is remote and the ideal candidate is to be based in the EST time zone of the US.
Who are we?
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organisations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
How will you contribute?
- Ensure that Smarsh achieves and maintains optimal visibility in search engines
- Regularly audit website and resolve any critical errors impacting SEO, user experience, and conversion rates
- Optimize webpages for search engine visibility following white-hat SEO best practices
- Conduct tactical SEO work such as thorough keyword research, optimization of TITLE, META Description, and H# tags on webpages and blog posts throughout the Smarsh web ecosystem
- Improve website architecture and monitor competition
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure new and existing website content is optimized for search
- Produce high-quality, data-driven reporting on traffic and conversion metrics to communicate results and actionable recommendations for improvement to search engine visibility
- Develop robust international SEO strategy; implement international SEO tactics; and create demonstrable growth in international search engine visibility
- Manage and optimize directory listings, including Google MyBusiness, Bing Places for Business, or similar
- Optimize presence on B2B user-generated review sites, such as G2 or Capterra
- Implement structured data markup on Smarsh web properties (schema.org or similar)
What will you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of working experience in B2B search engine marketing; financial services industry and SaaS experience a plus
- Proven growth in organic search traffic and engagement to B2B websites using both on-site and off-site SEO tactics, including working with third-party domains, Google MyBusiness, Google Knowledge Graph, Wikipedia, link building, and improving domain authority
- Solid knowledge of website, marketing analytics, and SEO/SEM tools (e.g., Google Analytics, SEMRush, Yoast, Spyfu, Screaming Frog, etc.)
- Expert in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, including the ability to develop custom reports and utilize custom dimensions/audience segmentations
- Highly analytical and results-oriented; use insights to consistently improve the performance of our web and digital channels
- Development and deployment of structured data markup (Schema.org or similar) on B2B websites
- Experience working with WordPress CMS
- Understanding of enterprise website on-site search tools with a strong understanding of website search best practices and how it impacts overall customer experience
- Experience in developing and executing International SEO strategy (href lang attribute or similar) a plus
- Self-motivated, customer-focused, with a sense of humor
What do we offer?
Potential Salary Range: Minimum $73,000 – Maximum $89,000
The above salary range represents Smarsh’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting. Any applicable bonus programs will be discussed during the recruiting process.
The salary for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, location, specialty and training.
Local cost of living assessments are done for each new hire at the time of offer.
Healthcare insurance – We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a flexible spending account that allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible out-of-pocket expenses.
Personal time off – A healthy work-life balance is critical to your success at the office. Smarsh offers a “take-what-you-need” time off policy as well as flexible work arrangements
401K Match – Smarsh provides a 4% 401K match for which employees are fully vested on day one.
Sabbatical – The Smarsh sabbatical program provides a time to recharge, to study or simply a time to do something you are passionate about away from the workplace. Employees are eligible after six years of service.
Recognition – We’re big on kudos for a job well done. Our employee-recognition program enables co-workers to nominate their peers who best embody our core values for recognition.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.
How to Apply for this SEO Job
In-house SEO jobs, Mid Level SEO Jobs, Salary Listed, Senior Level SEO Jobs, SEO Specialist Jobs, SEO Strategist Jobs