The Basics + Benefits:
- Growth Plays is hiring a Customer Success & SEO Account Manager based in the US to manage the day-to-day operations of ongoing customer engagements.
- This role is ideal for a well rounded SEO with excellent people and project management skills.
- You will work closely with clients and Growth Plays team members to ensure that all deliverables and ad hoc requests are sent on time and to specification.
- Salary range: $85-110K per year DOE, plus we cover home internet, a coworking space, and necessary office equipment.
- Matching 401K (after 6 months, up to 4%)
- Full time role, with health, vision + dental benefits (where 90% of the base plan is covered by us, and 40% of health insurance is covered for your dependents)
- 3 weeks PTO
- That’s 15 days vacation of your choosing, and then we shut down fully the last week of the year.
- 40 dollar a month stipend for coffee and snacks.
Your Background & Skill Set:
- You are an experienced agency-side SEO professional with a background in B2B, particularly in SaaS and/or developer tooling.
- In house experience is a major plus, but some agency or professional services experience is a requirement.
- You have a track record for moving accounts forward and creating success with SEO in terms of traffic + leads.
- You are deadline-conscious, proactive, and able to communicate effectively with customers on all things SEO.
- You have strong project and time management skills. You are organized and love to create and maintain process.
- You know how to ask the right questions and can pull the relevant data to get context on an issue in order to make recommendations based on business impact.
- You can identify and diagnose straightforward technical and content issues and explain why and how to remedy the issue.
- You can speak about SEO in front of executives and clearly demonstrate expertise.
- You will be working with a portfolio of customer accounts to help them prioritize and execute on strategies put together by the Growth Plays team. You are the driving force behind implementation.
- You will be aware of technical site health for all customers (using Ahrefs), and reach out to customers when severe SEO issues go live.
- You will manage monthly reporting for your accounts.
- You will run all recurring meetings for your accounts.
- You will be aware of all internal bottlenecks and proactively surface issues that will hold back on time delivery of customer work.
- You will report to John-Henry Scherck, Founder & CEO of Growth Plays, and will be working closely with other department leaders.
At least 4 years of experience in SEO account management, preferably supporting B2B software companies.
- Proven track record of driving results through successful SEO campaigns.
- In-depth knowledge of SEO best practices, including technical SEO, on-page optimization, and links (but you will not do any link building or outreach in this role).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to dive into data to build a business case.
- Google Analytics & Data Studio experience is a must.
- Google Tag manager experience is a serious plus.
- You have a track record for retaining accounts and are comfortable discussing pricing and handling upsells.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines.
- Notion experience is a major plus. We run on it.
- We are a small, but thriving, remote consultancy.
- Everyone’s work makes a direct impact on our customers and the bottom line.
- We prioritize deep focused work, but we also prioritize recharging and taking care of yourself.
- We are big on focus, accountability, and autonomy.
Focus: we prioritize deep work, zero in on the details, and get things right.
Autonomy & Velocity: we take initiative, are decisive, and move with urgency and purpose.
Ownership: we own our commits and do what we say we will do.
Raise the bar: we strive for excellence, we know we can always improve.
Balance: we champion hard work, but also time to recharge. Both are essential.
- You might get pinged on Tuesday at 7:10am, but you aren’t expected to be online all the time. No one produces 8 hours straight a day.
- We ask for a same day turn around time with non-urgent emails and messages. As long as work is done on time or early, your time isn’t our business.
- Flexible working hours – with the expectation of 40 hours of meaningful work a week.
- There is one annual company retreat in late Q1/early Q2.
- You must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication, must have reliable internet access, and a professional background to take virtual calls on camera from.
- 30 minute call screening.
- 2 hour paid assessment.
- 30 minutes assessment review
- Reference checks with former managers and/or skip level managers.
About Growth Plays:
- We are a team of 7 FTEs + a few contractors thrown in the mix with a track record for creating wins for our customer base.
- We develop SEO-backed content strategies that enable companies like LaunchDarkly, Heap, Cortex, Lattice, and many others, to map their buyer journey to content and keywords and tie everything to the funnel.
- Equal opportunity employer.
Please email email@example.com with your resume, links to any relevant professional social media, samples of your work, or content you’ve created about SEO – as well as an explanation of what interests you about the job and why you are a good fit.