Team: Client Services
Reporting to: Group Account Director
Estimated Start: December 2023
Location: [Hybrid] Grand Central Tower, 2, 140 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017
Work Authorization: This role is open to US or Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US or Canadian employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s the role
We’re looking for a Senior SEO Strategist to work with your team to ensure that clients maintain a strong presence in audiences’ online searches!
So, tell me about the company
Brainlabs is culture-first. You’ve probably heard other companies describe themselves as people, clients, or profit first – but we see people, clients and profit as the building blocks of our ecosystem. Culture powers all three and we know that when the ecosystem is balanced, we all win! That’s why the culture we cultivate is a culture of winning together.
To learn more about what it’s like to be a Brainlabber, check out our culture code.
What you do
Client Management Responsibilities:
- Client Lead on 2-5 accounts, and effective leader on multi-channel accounts at the operational level
- Lead client meetings to understand a client’s ever-evolving goals, resources, and capabilities.
- Recommend and execute SEO strategies aligned with the client’s big picture needs and capabilities, such as prioritizing recommendations that take into consideration a client’s ability to execute them
- Conduct SEO audits and data analysis with team to advise roadmapping process
- Lead team to effectively see through SEO action items
- Proactively address client performance and/or relationship issues directly with the client, while keeping Group Account Director (GAD) apprised of issues and solutions
- Communicate project vision to client stakeholders at any level of seniority, and capable of finding a plausible response to any client challenge for themselves or in support of their colleagues
- Strong project management (external/internal): can be well trusted to follow scope, manage requests, prioritize projects, ensure QA of work, meet deadlines, etc.
- Accountable for client meeting success, and leads meeting preparation for team
- Provides strategic guidance to team members
- Prioritize and respond to client emails/calls in a timely manner
- Measured on client retention, growth, and client satisfaction for clients under management
- Manage up to 3 direct reports and mentor indirect mentees utilizing a strengths-based coaching approach
- Models strong leadership including alignment to company priorities and philosophies, effective stress and emotion self-management, as well as a positive and patient demeanor with the team
- Support, mentor, and delegate work to the account team to prepare them to lead client accounts, including communication, calls, meetings, and emails.
- Shares knowledge through developing, improving, and delivering internal training or via external marketing channels (such as public speaking, blog writing, et cetera)
- Cultivates an atmosphere that embraces diversity and inclusion within the team and agency
- Actively participate in wider company initiatives including, but not limited to new business pitches and internal marketing efforts
Who you are
- Minimum of 3-years hands-on experience managing SEO campaigns for a variety of clients with monthly management fees greater than ten-thousand dollars a month
- Minimum of 1-year client-facing experience
- Previous experience with industry standard SEO tools such as: Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, Moz, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Majestic, STAT, and BrightEdge
- Experience with creating client strategy, communication, management, and proactive account performance troubleshooting
- Previous agency experience
- Previous people management experience
- Proven organizational, project, and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbally, with the ability to provide actionable insights for all levels of an organization
- Possess keen critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office and/or Google Business Apps, especially Excel or Google Sheets
How you succeed
In addition to the below, you will be evaluated based on how you live our Culture Code!
Key metrics of success for this role include:
- Success in SEO data analysis, idea-sharing, and client satisfaction!
What happens next
We know searching for a job is tough and that you want to find the best career and employer for you. We also want to ensure that this position is the best fit for both you and us. Therefore, you will participate in a comprehensive interview process that includes skills interviews with our team. The goal of this process is to allow you to get to know us as we learn more about you.
In line with our adaptive working policy and our standard way of working in North America we do not restrict our hiring to a fixed office location therefore we hire candidates across different states in the US and indeed in other countries such as Canada. We also receive applications from, and hire, candidates with varying levels of experience for example those who have a few years experience in a role to those who are looking to make a step up. The salary levels on our job postings are set so as to account for these variable factors with decisions on the salary to be offered only made once we know the experience and location of our new hire.
Beyond salary, you can learn more about our Benefits & Perks for our North America Brainlabbers here.
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!