Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, Informa has over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media. We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech, AI, IoT, enterprise IT, cybersecurity, media & entertainment and service providers.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivaled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential. (Join us and reach yours!)
The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist – SEO is a permanent role on a balanced working basis – remotely and/or in our central London offices.
Working in a dynamic, creative and highly collaborative central digital marketing team, the Senior Digital Marketing Specialist – SEO will conduct comprehensive, technical SEO audits and create in-depth SEO strategies for implementation and continuous optimisation across Informa Tech’s most prominent brands. Operating as an internal agency, this individual will work within a central team of four whilst collaborating with marketing teams working within market/industry ‘Market Pillars’, consisting of events, training courses, research products and media properties. They will lead on SEO initiatives which drive an increase in organic discoverability, branch reach and perception among a variety of tech and telecoms communities, significantly accelerating Informa Tech’s qualified audience base and increasing conversion. They will lead on the tracking and reporting of all campaigns, providing key insights to maximise effectiveness against overall marketing objectives. This highly technical marketing specialist will embed SEO best practice across Pillar Marketing and Media teams, providing training where necessary.
- Increase organic search traffic, referrals and crawlability of Informa Tech brands and properties by defining and implementing an effective SEO strategy, aligned to Pillar marketing objectives
- Conduct full SEO audits of key Informa Tech properties, effectively aligned to Pillar marketing strategies
- Conduct relevant audience and industry research to maximise effectiveness of SEO tactics
- Align audience knowledge with in-depth keyword research, prioritised by search volumes and competitiveness
- Consistently optimise SEO initiatives at key junctures, ensuring content and keywords remain highly relevant and effective
- Provide advice and guidance on suggested content topics and formats to increase relevant and quality site traffic and organic rankings
- Advise on landing page optimisation to maximise discoverability and conversion
- Uncover offsite SEO opportunities through backlink partnerships
- Conduct competitor analysis to uncover strategic keyword opportunities and optimisations
- Work with relevant SEM Associates and Specialists to prioritise keyword opportunities across both paid and organic initiatives
- Track organic search and referral traffic performance and its impact on audience growth and conversion through Google Analytics
- Create SEO trackers for circulation to key stakeholders and teams, with commentary, analysis and suggested optimisations
- Produce wash-up reports summarising organic traffic performance, domain authority and keyword ranking improvement, as well as audience growth and conversion
- Facilitate digital marketing upskilling sessions and best practice implementation across Pillar marketing and editorial teams
- Stay up to date with the latest algorithm changes, SEO trends and tools for optimisation of current and future initiatives
- Extensive and technical SEO knowledge and its application
- Highly strategic – SEO strategy creation
- Extensive knowledge of Google Analytics with and in-depth experience in segment building and goal set-up
- Extensive knowledge of Deepcrawl/Lumar, MOZ, SEMRush, Ubersugggest, Search Console and related tools
- Creating comprehensive and effective SEO strategies, closely aligned to overarching marketing objectives
- An in-depth understanding of technical SEO and practical experience implementing successful SEO strategies
- Hands-on experience conducting comprehensive SEO audits
- Highly analytical, ability to recreate successful initiatives and optimise sub-optimal SEO strategies
- Proven experience in analysing audience data, traffic analytics and channel performance, and recommending improvements
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross Market Pillar, with strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work across multiple product and audience types
- Knowledge and experience of site migration preferable
- Highly innovative – staying up to date with latest SEO tools, platforms and important algorithm changes
- Preferably experience focused on success SEO initiatives across media and news sites
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Hybrid working opportunities available (balanced between home and office in London).
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- Life assurance
- Other flexible benefits include healthcare, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- 5% pension match
- Share-match options – become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
How to Apply for this SEO Job
In-house SEO jobs, Senior Level SEO Jobs, SEO Specialist Jobs, SEO Strategist Jobs