As a Senior SEO Specialist, you are one of Canada’s top digital professionals and have significant experience managing complex SEO campaigns and strategies for medium to large-sized organizations. As tbk’s Senior SEO Specialist you will play a key role in building and implementing our clients’ SEO strategies with the goal of improving their organic search presence and reaching their traffic and conversion goals.
The Senior SEO Specialist will:
- Prepare website technical audits to identify areas of concern from an SEO perspective and sort them by level of importance.
- Review website crawl reports and analytics data to come up with strategies to improve indexation and organic growth.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Assist in preparing backlink audits and fixing errors found in Google Search Console.
- Monitor and improve local SEO performance for clients with physical storefronts.
- Provide recommendations for content development in alignment with SEO goals.
- Prioritize and manage the implementation of all SEO-related tasks in conjunction with account strategists, developers and the digital team.
- Interact with in-house UX/development team to ensure wireframes and information architecture are developed to meet SEO objectives.
- Support with the development of funnels and user personas for website analysis.
- Track and report SEO results monthly and communicate with clients regularly on SEO initiatives and task implementation progress.
- Keep up to date with SEO, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments.
- Continue to learn and develop SEO skills from online resources.
- Work alongside the Director of Digital Operations and Digital Production Manager to build SEO strategies, performance reporting and quotes for new sales.
- Coordinate well with designated account representatives on client accounts so that that the account representatives have the tools and knowledge they need to maintain strong relationships with their clients.
- Suggest new processes to build efficiency, mitigate risk and foster greater strategic collaboration within the digital department.
- Support with the training of new team members at tbk on the digital processes and SEO best practices.
- Stay on top of latest search marketing trends, share findings and resources to help team and management consistently remain updated on high paced developing digital world.
- 8+ years of SEO experience on a Digital Marketing team.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program in a relevant field (e.g., marketing, digital marketing, business, computer science or engineering).
- Expert knowledge in Search Engine Optimization, Web Analytics, Social Marketing, and Content Marketing.
- Advanced analytical skills using Google Console, Google Analytics, Data Studio, and Google My Business.
- Advanced experience with SEO crawling tools (example: Screaming Frog).
- Advanced experience using SEO tools such as SEMRush and BrightLocal.
- Experience with WordPress, Webflow and Shopify.
- Experience with event tracking and Google Tag Manager.
- Working knowledge of UX and accessibility recommendations.
- Orchestrate and feel comfortable leading client meetings with senior-level executives present.
- Strong ability to problem solve, plan, strategize and support the client in achieving KPIs and goals.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Exceptional listener; understands the client’s goals and strategy.
- Operates at a high level of efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Google Analytics certifications.
What we offer:
Our culture is an extension of our vision: to help clients and team members see the potential they never knew they had. We offer direct leadership mentoring, professional training, a culture of ownership and leadership and epic celebrations. Alongside these, we have great benefits, a flexible work environment, annual bonuses and ownership opportunities.
How to Apply for this SEO Job
Qualified candidates should forward portfolio, resume, and cover letter in confidence to [email protected]
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.