Morningstar’s mission is to empower investor success. We strive to illuminate investing in support of this mission, so we can reach, inspire, and enable current and aspiring investors. Our Digital Web team plays an integral part in achieving this goal. We are looking for a Senior SEO Manager to join the Investor team to build on our existing SEO practices and drive rapid growth in our audience through search.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, hands-on, and analytical SEO Professional. This role provides an excellent opportunity to drive SEO strategy across Morningstar’s audiences. You’ll enjoy the chance to make your mark as Morningstar’s in-house SEO expert. You will partner with the website product team, editorial, audience marketing and creative teams to set and execute our SEO strategy, driving increased organic search traffic across all our public-facing experiences.
Manage, and evolve our SEO strategy, roadmap and vision to grow the Morningstar audience meaningfully
- Improve our keyword research process to optimize existing content better and drive new traffic opportunities while conducting SEO analysis to inform our content strategy.
- Work with Engineering squads to ensure that our website meets the technical requirements of modern search engines to improve organic rankings.
- Analyze data to understand consumer insights; help develop target audiences, keyword lists, or content.
- Identify content theme opportunities based on keyword research and competitive analysis and partner closely with the content team to ensure SEO intent.
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of our SEO strategy internationally.
- Work cross-functionally with web development and design, web engineering, content, analytics, product, and product marketing teams to push priority SEO projects through to completion.
Provide reporting and analysis on SEO initiatives across the organization.
- Establish a framework to measure the effectiveness of SEO strategy in increasing traffic and rankings on the website.
- Constantly track, analyze and report on overall SEO success regarding traffic, rankings, content, backlinks and business performance.
- Provide monthly reporting on our search performance.
- Regularly benchmark our performance against competitors.
- Measure results of campaigns in Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and external tools like BrightEdge using detailed performance metrics, behavioural data, and market trends.
Be Morningstar’s in-house expert, teacher, and advocate on all things organic search and SEO.
- Keep a pulse on the ever-changing search landscape, keeping Morningstar ahead of emerging trends, tools, technologies, and data sets.
- Bring fresh ideas to the table, making data-driven, actionable recommendations to drive value and improve our current SEO process to drive better capitalization of our investments.
- Conduct SEO training for content creators and engineers.
- Provide recommendations for content optimization to authors during the content production process.
- Five to seven years of SEO experience
- A proven track record of driving growth in organic search traffic
- Strong experience with Technical SEO, including crawling, indexing, rendering, and website architecture
- Deep understanding of web analytics and SEO
- Experience optimizing websites and campaigns
- Experience working within a content management system, analytics tool, A/B testing tool, and marketing automation tool. Technologies available are BrightEdge, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Data Studio.
- Familiarity and experience with reporting tools and methodologies
- A data-driven approach to prioritization and measurement, experience with OKR discipline is an advantage
- Experience working in financial services, publishing/media, or research organizations preferred
- Experience working in large or enterprise organizations preferred