Assent is the leading solution for supply chain sustainability tailored for the worlds top-tier, sustainability-driven manufacturers. Hidden risks riddle supply chains, many of which weren’t built with sustainability in mind. That’s where we step in. With insights from experts, Assent is the tool manufacturers trust for comprehensive sustainability.
We’ve grown from $5 million to $85 million ARR in just six years. With our recent $350 million funding led by Vista Equity Partners, we’re poised for even greater expansion and are on the lookout for outstanding team members.
Being a Certified B Corporation, we don’t just advocate for sustainability we live it. This certification underscores our commitment to environmental, social, and governance excellence. At Assent, your work will directly amplify transparency, sustainability, and fair practices worldwide.
Hybrid Work Model
At Assent, we proudly embrace a remote-first work model, valuing the flexibility and autonomy it provides our team. We also acknowledge the intangible benefits of occasional in-person workdays. For team members situated within 50 kms/31 miles of our five global offices in Ottawa, Eldoret, Penang, Columbus, and Amsterdam, you can expect to come into the office one day a week. Similarly, those near our co-working spaces in Nairobi and Toronto are encouraged to work onsite once a month.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing, and joining a team of digital marketers and web developers managing our web and email channels, we are looking for a results-driven, seasoned SEO expert to lead our organic marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate has a very strong mix of both technical and on-page SEO, web journey mapping, as well as a polished understanding of performance marketing principles to drive organic lead generation for our global enterprise SaaS solutions and services.
As Senior SEO Manager you are responsible for building and managing our global SEO presence and strategy in collaboration with our web marketing team through on-going on-page, off-page and technical SEO programs.
As part of our wider Demand Marketing group, this is a high visibility role that will drive strategic direction for this channel, drive results and closely partner with Product Marketing and Content Writing on broader strategy planning. This role will also act as an internal advocate, champion and consultant for inbound search trends and market demand helping drive overall marketing strategy across departments.
We are seeking a Senior SEO Manager with a forward-thinking mindset, possessing a profound understanding of AI enablement and generative AI tools in the context of SEO. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a keen awareness of emerging technologies that shape the future of search engine optimization.
Key Requirements & Responsibilities
- Accelerate SEO across the Assent website and any microsites, working with internal and external partners to improve on-page SEO, develop backlinking, implement local search and new page recommendations.
- Provide the wider marketing organization guidance and access to SEO, including keyword and traffic trends across content groups
- In collaboration with the Web Lead, create and implement data-driven A/B testing experiments, personalization/ABM tactics to deliver consistent (CRO) conversion rate optimization on key inbound entrance pages.
- Maintain a forward-thinking mindset, possessing a profound understanding of AI enablement and generative AI tools in the context of how they are, can and will be used for SEO.
- Initiate immediate measures to prepare Assent for the future of SEO.
- Grow Blogs/Resource Center/Article content to improve inbound lead-gen via SEO and internal linking.
- Support both SEO-driven short-form web copy across the web channel as well as coordinating long-form web copy for content development.
- In collaboration with our Web Marketing team define a development roadmap for the web channel including IA/navigation changes and SEO improvements
- In collaboration with our corporate marketing team identify key off-page authority-focused SEO tactics
- Adhere and advocate for end-to-end tracking of all web activity across dotcom and landing pages via UTM/ITM/MAP tracking and work with Marketing Operations team to oversee forms implementation and meta-data architecture.
- Support Web Analytics including segmentation, content grouping and path analysis (Google Analytics 4)
- Support a reporting framework across the organic funnel (Visits, Conversions, Leads, MQLs, Opps, Closed-Won) to socialize as needed and provide inputs into ongoing CTA/conversion improvements on the website.
- Be familiar with corporate security policies and follow the guidance set out by processes and procedures of Assent Compliance
- 7+ years experience in web marketing/SEO
- In house / corporate SEO experience with a SaaS company is considered a strong asset
- Deep, expert-level capabilities in SEO Tools such as Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMRush, Moz, Screaming Frog etc.
- Hands-on expertise in SEO implementations (technical, off-page and on-page) working with web development teams
- Experience managing CMS platforms and exposure to CRO Tools like A/B Testing and Optimization (ex. VWO, Optimizely, Google Optimize)
- Be up to date in the latest developments and advancements in the world of SEO.
Life at Assent
Wellness: We believe that you and your familys well being is important. As a result, we offer vacation time that increases with tenure, comprehensive benefits packages (details vary by country), life leave days and more.
Financial Benefits: Its not all about the money well, its a little about the money. We understand that financial health is important and we offer a competitive base salary, a corporate bonus program, retirement savings options and more.
Life at Assent: There is purpose beyond your work. We provide our team members with flexible work options, volunteer days and opportunities to get involved in corporate giving initiatives.
Lifelong Learning: At Assent, curiosity is not only valued but encouraged. You will receive professional development days that are available to you the day you start.
Find Your Balance with Us: We get it – you need work and life to mesh in a way that feels right for you. That’s why we’re big on remote work and flexibility. But hey, if you’re within 50 kms/31 miles of our main hubs in Ottawa, Eldoret, Penang, Columbus, or Amsterdam, we do ask that you pop into the office just once a week. And for our folks near the co-working spots in Nairobi and Toronto? A monthly visit is all we ask.
At Assent, we are committed to growing and sustaining an environment where our team members feel included, valued, and heard. Our diversity and equal opportunity practices are guided and championed by our Diversity and Inclusion Working Group and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion includes recruiting and retaining team members from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and fostering a culture of belonging where all team members are included, treated with dignity and respect, promoted on their merits, and placed in positions to contribute to business success.
If you require assistance or accommodation throughout any part of the interview and selection process, please contact us and we will be happy to help.