Were looking for a passionate Senior SEO/CRO Strategist to add to our tight-knit team.
Who we are
Orbit Media is an award-winning web design, development and optimization company based in the Ravenswood neighborhood of Chicago. But you can work from anywhere. This can be a remote position.
This role exists within “Optimization” at Orbit. Our unit focuses on improving websites after they’ve already been built: setting and actualizing a long-term vision.
Since 2001, weve been designing and building beautiful, audience-centric, optimized websites for a huge variety of clients in nearly every industry. Were proud to be one of the first Illinois B Corps with deep roots in our community. We have fun and do great work. And wed love for you to be a part of it.
Who you are
Orbit Media Studios is seeking a Senior SEO/CRO .Supported by a centralized process library, Strategists originate, collaborate, and communicate the vision when optimizing websites at Orbit. Theyre versatile: constantly switching between technical and creative, ranking and converting.
Your role places you in collaboration with a squad of three others: Project Manager, Content Specialist (writer/editor), and Technical Specialist (developer/analyst). Squads work with up to six fantastic $50M+ brands. Together, we work with science, expertise, and integrity to help people run websites that compete at the highest levels. Strategists bring the passion for optimization that powers this dynamic.
- Lead an overall SEO and CRO strategy for up to six great brands
- Act as a trusted advisor, partner, and friend in these relationships
- Execute, communicate, and help endlessly iterate our optimization process
- Design creative content strategies to achieve specific SEO and CRO goals
- Validate ideas using A/B testing tools such as GrowthBook and prove success through data
- Quality control of your teams activities, including specialists in content, code and analytics
- Collaborate with other Strategists through a common, centralized process
- Expect overlap with these common job titles: SEO Consultant, SEO Analyst, Digital Strategist, Content Strategist, Content Manager and Account Manager
- 5+ years experience with SEO and content marketing topics
- Account-facing relationship management
- Technical SEO: audits, site architecture, experiments, etc.
- Creative SEO: keywords, content strategy, linkbait, etc.
- Conversion Optimization: varied testing, analytics wizardry, etc.
- Possess (or acquire) Google Analytics 4 certification
- Organized, great at deadlines, and leading others to be the same
- Communicate complex ideas simply and kindly
- Write at a professional level that stays in alignment with the AP Style Guide
- Mastery of tools like Google Workspace, Screaming Frog, Semrush and Google Tag Manager
- Experience with data scraping, spreadsheet wizardry or other productivity hacks
- Samples of past campaign strategy, execution and outcomes
- 15 PTO days and 1 VTO (volunteer time off) day
- 12 paid holidays, including a floating holiday and PTO from Xmas to New Years
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Simple IRA with 3% matched by Orbit
- Paid parental leave
- STD/LTD options
- Identity Protection option
- Budget for professional growth
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Orbit Media provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Interested? Here’s what we need from you
- Start date availability