This is your chance.
To break away from the mind-numbing confines of SEO content marketing, where you’re constantly regurgitating the top 3 results instead of creating new frameworks to illustrate concepts.
To make good on your dream of becoming an editorial master and teacher whose channel happens to be SEO… and winning awards for your most creative work.
To work at a creative agency where the clients hire you as a thought partner to grow their online reach and brand affinity by producing the most thorough, well-researched, and creative informational content on the web.
Don’t miss this chance.
North Star Inbound is seeking a Senior SEO Content Strategist (not a Content Marketer; we just have to play along with LinkedIn’s unimaginative algorithm) to produce the most dynamic search-driven content on the web. Daily, you will be brainstorming, researching, analyzing, writing, and art-directing content that millions of people will consume.
We want someone who’s an exceptional writer and has a remarkable ability to learn a wide variety of topics quickly and deeply. You’ll need to be as comfortable understanding the finer points of maneuvering a telehandler as you are about the differences between sisterlocks and microlocs.
You must be endlessly curious with a penchant for persistence.
This is a dynamic role that requires strong time management skills and extraordinary attention to detail (see: your content will be read by millions of people).
Are you a senior editor tired of marking up reams of boring text? Are you a curious writer but tired of the limitations of your industry? Are you a content manager, content strategist, or any other stripe of editorial professional who just happens to be looking for the coolest job in SEO? Well, you’ve found it.
- Conduct keyword research to inform client strategy
- Ideate creative content ideas based on research of industry trends, keywords, competitor analysis, and trending topics.
- Produce comprehensive, well-sourced, and creative content briefs with minimal supervision.
- Oversee and own the production of well-written and creative blog content with minimal supervision.
- Create and maintain a client content calendar while working with other team members to meet all client deadlines
- Optimize blog content for ranking highly in the SERPs
- Incorporate brand voice and style to speak to the client’s target audience
- Mentor other team members
- Responsible for client reporting and account management
- 3+ years of experience producing content for the web
- Advanced understanding of keyword research and other on-page concepts.
- Impeccable understanding of search intent and how to leverage it to create content that beats the competition
- Exceptional research skills–fluency in researching materials outside of Google to bring new information to our client content.
- Precise understanding of citation and sourcing practices, including when and how to use primary and secondary sources.
- Comfortable speaking to executives about content strategy, performance, and results
- Excellent written communication skills, including grammar and editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to manage and prioritize competing timelines
- Fast and independent learner who picks up new topics quickly and thoroughly
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and implement feedback across projects
Preferred Skills or What You May Learn:
- 1+ years working in an agency environment
- Experience working in a remote team
- Understanding of successful outreach campaigns with bloggers and journalists
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Ahrefs, SEMRUSH, and other popular SEO tools and an ability to use them to inform client strategy
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000, depending on skills and experience
Benefits we provide:
- Health benefits
- Paid holidays
- Bonuses for client referrals
- Ultimate flexibility as we are a fully remote office.
About North Star Inbound:
North Star Inbound is an award-winning content marketing agency. We’ve delivered 7-figure search gains for our clients with our content and digital PR strategies. Our tools are best-in-class content and outreach campaigns. Our campaigns outperform because we put the most compelling content in front of the right audiences, even in the most competitive niches. Our work is seen by millions and has been featured in The Atlantic, The New York Times, The Independent, NBCNews, Forbes, The Washington Post, Fortune, Inc., NPR, CNBC, Newsweek, and The Los Angeles Times, among others. Our clients range from ambitious startups to beloved brands.
We are a woman, LGBTQIA, and Latinx-owned company that believes diversity makes us better at what we do. We strongly encourage people who identify as members of minority groups to apply.
This is a remote position.
North Star Inbound is an equal-opportunity employer.